Those near Amarillo, TX: City Hall meeting regarding recycling - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 12-09-2008, 04:58 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
***Got this email today. Now is the time to act if we want to get recycling rolling in Amarillo!***

The time has come upon us that we must let our City of Amarillo elected officials know that we, the citizens of Amarillo, want to have more convenient recycling options in Amarillo. Many of you have contacted the Mayor and City Commissioners to let them know that we would like to see more recycling capacity in Amarillo. We appreciate what you have already done to make Amarillo a "greener" place.

The City of Amarillo is holding a public forum on recycling on Tuesday, December 16, 2008 at 1:00 p.m. at City Hall in the City Commission Chambers on the 3rd floor. It is critical that as many people as possible attend this meeting to show your support and express your wishes that Amarillo needs increased recycling capacity through neighborhood recycling bins and ultimately curbside service. Our goal is to have 300 attend the meeting.

Please help Amarillo become a greener city by attending this public forum and wear a green shirt!!!!! If you are comfortable speaking to the commission and showing your support, that is great. If you are not a public speaker, you will not be asked to do anything but show up and wear a green shirt.

Please help. The time is now to show our elected officials that recycling is what we want.

Tuesday, December 16, 2008
City Hall- 3rd floor
1:00 p.m.
Buchanan Street- Downtown Amarillo (just south of the Civic Center)
Wear your green shirt!!!!!

Sincerely,

Green Team Amarillo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 12-10-2008, 11:02 PM

Cool--I'm in Amarillo! I never hear from anyone on a message board from here. I can't go to the meeting since I'm a childcare provider, but it sounds like a great idea!
#3 of 3 Old 12-11-2008, 04:18 AM - Thread Starter

Hey, nice to see another "Amarilloian" on MDC! Sorry you can't make it to the meeting, I am curious to see how it will all play out. Several different groups have tried to convince the city to do neighborhood or curbside recycling, but it has been shot down every time. This time though seems to be different. There seems to be a lot more public support. If you want to support the event, even though you can't be there, some people are writing letters that will be read by the Green Amarillo Team during the meeting. If you are interested in doing something like this, just let me know and I can get your letter to the right people.

Yay!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page