Ped. anywhere in/near Houston who does or might take Tricare? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 12-30-2008, 11:45 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I know this is a long shot but does anyone know of a pediatrician who is ok with not vaxing that takes Tricare ANYWHERE in the Houston or surrounding areas. I am in Northwest Houston, but I don't plan on taking my son there very often but just want to have one for emergencies so I don't care where they are located. They just need to take Tricare.

If you have a good ped. that is ok with not vaxing but don't know if they take Tricare or not, let me know that too and I can call and ask.

If anyone knows any midwives, hospital or home, that take Tricare, I would love to know that too.

Thanks.

Jill
#2 of 5 Old 12-30-2008, 11:54 AM

I don't know the ins and outs of tricare... but I'll toss my ideas out

Krenie Stowe has an office in the Woodlands that takes insurance. They well may take tricare- I have no idea. But worth checking. To my knowledge she's the most non-vax friendly ped. in town.

I would think that any midwife who files with insurance would take tricare - as long as you have out of network coverage (have I heard that called tricare prime maybe?) There are a number of homebirth midwives who will file your insurance.

hope that helps!

-Angela
#3 of 5 Old 12-31-2008, 11:14 PM
PPK

#4 of 5 Old 01-02-2009, 02:29 AM

Dr. Cassandra Dickerson in Sugar Land is fine with parents deciding what they want re: vaccination. I like her overall approach, though we've only been in one time. In general she accepts insurance, not sure of any except my own kind (and at the moment, I can't recall what even that is... except not Tricare).

I think her website is dickersonpediatrics.com .
#5 of 5 Old 01-04-2009, 01:47 AM

I would also recommend Krenie Stowe.

I wouldn't go anywhere near FM 1960 pediatrics, even if you were a completelly mainstream parent. My son had allegies and because of it was constantly sick. All they said was 'babies get sick, particularly ones in day care, put hyrocortinsone on his rash. And then they would give us yet another script for antibiotics. I am convinced that he would have gotten very ill if we'd kept up with that line of treatment. Dr. Stowe immediately got him on antihistamines and recomendeded an allergist. Now he is well almost all the time and his ecxema is cleared up.

Plus we always can see her where as we never got to see the person who supposed to be is pediatrician at the other place unless an appt was made way in advance.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page