Anyone know anything about Dr. Blann in Lubbock, TX - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 12-30-2008, 03:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I figure there won't be much info being a Lubbock doc... but I'll take my sister's cousin's friend's stories if anyone has any of those. Anyone had a natural birth with him? Just wondering how flexible he is... I have an appointment tomorrow and I'm freaking out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 12-30-2008, 09:29 PM

The name sounds vaguely familiar; I'm not sure why though. (sorry!)

I know there is (was?) an OB in Lubbock who used to be "backup" for a midwife in another city. My SIL and I interviewed the MW, but she declined to tell us who her backup OB was, thinking it was too risky to share that info with someone who hadn't hired her yet. (My SIL didn't like that she wasn't forthcoming and chose to deliver somewhere else. I was just along for moral support...and to see what their birth center was like! )

We just moved from W. Texas ourselves and there is an attitude of paranoia out there, probably with reason....sigh.

Is there still a LLL meeting out there? They might have some suggestions for you. GL!

and congrats!
#3 of 3 Old 12-31-2008, 12:50 AM - Thread Starter

That's interesting she wouldn't say who her back-up doc was. It was probably Dr. Linton. I actually had an appointment with her, but our insurance now won't cover the hospital she delivers at... so we have to transfer to a Covenant doctor. There is a LLL meeting here, but the last time I went I got several recommendations for Dr. Linton and decided to go with her. I had decided against delivering at Covenant and didn't ask much about Covenant docs. Now Covenant is our only option... sigh.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page