MARCHing along in ABQ - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 320 Old 03-13-2009, 06:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Go to Mama Minerals it on the corner of Lomas and SanMateo, it's in the "fancy" shopping plaza and is fantasic they have everything.

I got the kids pictures taken with "antiquities" (I'm spelling that wrong) for a fundraiser. I'm hoping I can get one good one of the three of them and that come proof day I'm strong and don't buy more.

Mom to ds 9 dd 7 : and dd 3/08 : if I can I go to
#122 of 320 Old 03-13-2009, 06:48 PM

Yeah he's on Azithromycin (spelling?) He just woke up from nap and is back to being a grumpy baby.

Mama Minerals has a great selection.

Mama of three.

#123 of 320 Old 03-14-2009, 12:24 PM

Cool thanks. I will try to get there today. I am home from work so far. Liam threw up last night so we are keeping him home from soccer (Yay).

I am still wigged out about this Birth center vs school vs work vs everything......

âGo confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life youâve imagined.â H. D. Thoreau
#124 of 320 Old 03-14-2009, 09:21 PM

Winter illnesses are going out like a lion, aren't they?

I had to go up to Utah to help a friend. She was forced to induce (with a high, hard cervix, dilated to 1 cm) at 41 weeks and ended up with a c-section. And then, a hematoma at the incision. She had a lot of family to help but needed a friend. Her husband needs to defend his thesis this week and they are completely overwhelmed with this first baby, pumping since he won't latch and her illness. It was great to come home and sleep in today. H was almost annoyingly attached to me on the trip. Well-behaved, just needed to be within a foot of mama the whole time. The other three missed me "like crazy, Mom!"

I'm still tired, though.

No Pippi for us.

We are six: Me : Dh : Ds1('00) Dd('02) Ds2('05) Ds3('08) and, wow! Soon to be seven, Dd2 due 4/23.
#125 of 320 Old 03-14-2009, 10:20 PM

I hope your friend is okay Kermit. What a stressful time for that family!

Doularn, I'm glad the pukies have passed us by, but I hope your kids are on the mend soon!

Little S is a bit more chipper today. Still coughing really bad (and often) but at least he's stopped screaming!

Mama of three.

#126 of 320 Old 03-15-2009, 10:24 AM - Thread Starter

So you all know how my son has a wonderful way of phrasing things This morning I'm getting dressed and trying to get out early to run errands, he says to me "oh good we don't have to go, we don't need a parent here at home because daddy's home"

#127 of 320 Old 03-15-2009, 12:18 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
he is a funny guy.

dd spent friday night at my dads house and last night with my mom. Of course, baby C decided this meant he better wake up even more frequently to make up for it.
#128 of 320 Old 03-15-2009, 03:01 PM

It was fun running into you ASF last night. Although my kids could not understand why C wasn't with you.

For dd's birthday - she likes anything fairies or princess, baby doll stuff, arts and crafts stuff. She's pretty easy. Just no Hannah Montana!!!

Is there a time yet for the babies' party? It's Friday, right?? B has a sleep over party that night, too. It's going to be a crazy birthday filled week!
#129 of 320 Old 03-15-2009, 03:37 PM

Where will the baby party be?

So prayers, vibes, whatever you do are needed for my niece. She's really sick right now. www.kierarose.blogspot.com for more information.

Mama of three.

#130 of 320 Old 03-15-2009, 06:19 PM - Thread Starter

Oh no, I hope she pulls through, we'll send lots of strong healing vibes.

Did we decide on a party time? We are doing it at my place and it's Friday afternoon 1ish? or 2ish? Check back for more details

#131 of 320 Old 03-15-2009, 07:13 PM

Thanks so much for all the input on weaning. I feel much better about it all now and am not nearly as worried about the medications. We're going to try to just nurse on through it. It is hard on me physically right now because it hurts my body, but it hurts me more not to do it. H is really confused because all Mama can do is sit on the couch and her Grammy (my Mom) is doing everything for her. So besides reading books on the couch and things like that, nursing is all we can do - which makes it really important and she's doing it a lot. Thank goodness she loves my mom so much because that makes it easier. I don't know what I'd do without her here. She's been taking great care of me and H!

And some good news - the surgeon wasn't going to be able to get me in till April 3rd, but they had me on top priority for a cancellation. They called friday said they'd had a cancellation and could get me in this Monday morning! :

elmh - Hope little S is feeling better soon! And sending lots of good healing vibes for your niece!

doularn - Hope L is feeling better too!

KMJ - So sorry to hear about your friend! I know what she's going through. It's not fun. Glad you were able to be there for her. It's so nice to have a friend to stand by you in times like that.

Blue - Thanks for the link! And the clothes would be awesome!
#132 of 320 Old 03-15-2009, 08:06 PM

YAY PEACE!!! Oh I hope he can help you soon. I'm glad you are not weaning, I was hoping that would work for you. It will be okay!!!

Let us know what we can do for you.

Sending love to your niece Elm.

L is better but not all the way.

âGo confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life youâve imagined.â H. D. Thoreau
#133 of 320 Old 03-15-2009, 09:04 PM

Yay Peace! I'm so glad you were able to get in sooner! And it's great that you don't have to wean. Weaning Little S was unbelievably hard since he wasn't all that in to solid food at the time.

Doularn, sorry L still isn't better.

Little S still has a nasty cough but otherwise seems to be just fine.

Mama of three.

#134 of 320 Old 03-15-2009, 10:38 PM

Peace, I hope everything goes smoothly! I'm glad you don't have to stop nursing just yet. And it's great that your mom can be there for your family!

((hugs)) to your friend, KMJ.

I hope the sickies start feeling much better soon.
((hugs)) and prayers for little KR.

heartbeat.gif heartbeat.gif heartbeat.gif

#135 of 320 Old 03-16-2009, 01:38 AM

Anyone interested in doing a MNO or MDO where we just sew? I need help making pads (need someone who knows how to do it and someone to help me use their machine.) Any takers?

Mama of three.

#136 of 320 Old 03-16-2009, 02:23 AM

Hey, I'd join you Elm. I don't know the first thing about sewing but I do have a machine, so I'd bring it along if someone can show me how to use it!

Mama to Boy (2) and Girl (5)
#137 of 320 Old 03-16-2009, 10:53 AM - Thread Starter

Peace I hope your appointment goes well and they can get you fixed up soon.

Elm, absolutely I have a machine and I know how to use it (well enough for what you need).

#138 of 320 Old 03-16-2009, 11:17 AM

Okay, so when is everyone available to do this? I'm free all this week (except for the baby parties) but this weekend is kind of shot already.

Mama of three.

#139 of 320 Old 03-16-2009, 12:01 PM

ANYONE UP FOR OPEN GYM TODAY??? 12 - 1

peace - so glad they are getting you in

elm - sending healing vibes to K - that poor girl needs a break

we would be up for a sewing time - i actually need to make more pads too
#140 of 320 Old 03-16-2009, 12:04 PM

elmh - I can help you, and I finally got my spare machine back too : I have a bunch of projects to do. crazy - If you need help figuring your machine out I can probably help. This week is pretty crazy for me already, but next week is *much* better.

doularn - Hope the kiddo gets better soon! This has been going on a while, hasn't it?

elmh - I hope little S is feeling better. I think Z has a little ear infection too. I'm just milking it right now. Our thoughts are with your niece (very scary)

peace - Glad I could help, and YAY for getting in sooner!! I hope everything goes smoothly, and you are pain-free soon. I'm glad you don't have to wean H just yet too

KMJ - Glad to have you back. How wonderful you could be there to help out your friend.

The chicks are growing fast here, and we are starting to do our spring planting and house cleaning. I was thinking of selling some stuff at that huge sale in May at the Montgomery church. Anyone else interested in joining me?? http://www.motherofallsalesabq.com/Become_a_Seller.html

Just a modifiedartist.gif trying to find some peace and regain my balance.
#141 of 320 Old 03-16-2009, 10:25 PM

We spent the afternoon at Explora and it was really great! It's so nice to not have school and be able to take the kids out so they can expend all that energy outside of my house!

But I gotta say. . .N has been driving me c-r-a-z-y! Well, he's beiing his usual self, which you guys never get to see because that's the way he is. At home he just cries and whines ALL DAY LONG. When I take him out of the house, he's a perfect angel. Today at explora, he walked for 2 hrs straight! (Yes, he's finally walking!) He was into everything and had a blast. Laughed and babbled and was just a delightful little boy. There were these big foam blocks that are pretty heavy to someone like him and he was the happiest pushing them around the room. It was strange. . all he wanted to do was push heavy things.

And the second we came back home, he dissolved into a puddle of tears and has been crying ever since. He still doesn't sleep during the day, except for the occasional 10 min nap in the car. And his nighttime sleep just sucks too. I'd love for him to be able to sleep like, 2 hrs at a time, without waking and wanting the boob. And somebody help us all he wakes up and I'm not there. It's like he's had separation anxiety his whole life. I mean, you guys see at pg if I step out of his sight he breaks down. . it's like 10x worse if he wakes up and I'm not there. Still trying to night-wean, but I'm a sucker for sleep and usually give in after about 5 min of crying. DH is no help because he needs sleep for work and doesn't sleep well on his own as it is.

#142 of 320 Old 03-16-2009, 10:58 PM - Thread Starter

Sorry you are having such a rough time Crazy, I'v been there and they do get better or at least different, by the time E hit 15 months I seriously thought I might loose my mind. Maybe just keep active with him, if you are going to be tired anyway at least he won't be yelling. Any chance he has another food sensitivity?

Blue I thought about selling at the fall one, but you had to attend a meeting and volunteer (or loose part of your profits), it's probably a great way to sell stuff it just seemed kind of hard. Maybe by fall again I'll feel like I have more time to devote to something like that.

#143 of 320 Old 03-16-2009, 11:12 PM

why are our babies such monsters about sleep?

I spent all day cleaning - i am beat! But, the lower half of the house is pretty darn tidy.
#144 of 320 Old 03-16-2009, 11:17 PM

Now I feel bad because H wakes four nights a week at approximately 2 AM to nurse. He goes to bed at 10:30 and gets up at 6:30 to nurse and then takes his only good nap of the day. It's so different from my other kids that I whine about it sometimes. No more! I am lucky.

We are six: Me : Dh : Ds1('00) Dd('02) Ds2('05) Ds3('08) and, wow! Soon to be seven, Dd2 due 4/23.
#145 of 320 Old 03-17-2009, 12:10 AM

Crazy, does he by any chance have any other sensitivites? You just discribed S when she was getting mass amounts of soy. Sorry he's having a rough time of it right now!

Mama of three.

#146 of 320 Old 03-17-2009, 12:17 AM

I don't know, he might! But how do I know? Just eliminate to find out? Allergy testing isn't accurate at this age, right? Or is it? I wish someone could just tell me what's wrong so I could fix it!

Actually, come to think of it, he spit up twice this evening and once a few days ago. . something he hasn't done in a long time. Maybe he overate, maybe he's still refluxing. . no freakin' idea!

#147 of 320 Old 03-17-2009, 12:28 AM

We had Little S tested at 14 months. I'm not sure if it's 100% accurate but our allergist felt it was (he came back with the exact same things his sister did.) It's possible he's refluxing again and just can look past it when he's out but at home where it's quieter, he feels it.

Mama of three.

#148 of 320 Old 03-17-2009, 12:35 PM

Hi all,

Todays adventure: I am headed to placitas to lunch with a midwife friend who does pottery and will show me her studio. I am so psyched. She is my fav midwife at the hospital, did homebirth for ten years before becoming a CNM. I dont really have time I need to pack and clean and write, but I didnt want to miss this opportunity.

Hope everyone is sleeping well.

And Eman.... I finally started M's birth story last night: Nothing like waitiing till the last minute....just wanted you to know

#149 of 320 Old 03-17-2009, 01:02 PM

Hi all ABQ Mama's!

My son is 4.5 years old and has been cared for by us his parents until now - I need to find child care/day care for him.

It would be 2 possibly up to as much 4 days a week. He is a vegetarian, we eat organic, play outside, etc..

can anyone recommend good daycare?

Thank you!
#150 of 320 Old 03-17-2009, 02:44 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah Doularn, I can't wait to read it :
Oh and I have your b-day cd's in the car for the next time I see you.

tgrlilly, good luck with your search, are you looking for home care or a center? I've heard good things about several centers.

When does party fun start tomorrow?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page