non vax friendly pedi in flower mound area - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 03-11-2009, 11:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So, I am not vaxing my 3rd child and I thought that my pedi was fine with it since she hasn't said anything about it and we have been in 3 times to see her since LO was born for illnesses. Anyway, we went in to see her on Monday to make sure the infection in LO's ear was gone and she wanted to know why we weren't doing well baby visits and vaxinations. LO is 8.5 months old, so i thought it odd that she was just now bringing it up but I told her I thought well baby visits were pointless since I can see that my little one is growing and developing "normally" and I have a scale so I can see what he weighs if I want to. And I told her we are not doing vaxes because I am not comfy with the "other" stuff in the vaxes. Anyway needless to say we ended up in a war of words with her extremely frustrated that she couldn't change my mind and me that this was an issue to begin with. So, I feel like I may need to find a new pedi that doesn't make
me feel like I need to go do more research on what I feel is best for my child.

So, I am wondering if anyone has ever been to Dr. Debeorah Bain at Healthy Kids Pediatrics in Frisco? I really like her website and it looks like she would be open to the ideas I have for my children. I live in Flower Mound and would love something closer but have not really found anything yet. There is a Dr in coppell that I am going to ask my Chiro about her name is Dr. Cahan. Anyone know her??

TIA

SAHMhomeschool.gif: to LCjog.gif (6-08) GJsuperhero.gif (3-06) KDREPlaySkateboard04HL.gif (3-04) and a new little on one the way1sttri.gif: and :megan, henrie, and apple and wife to BD for 12years now!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 03-12-2009, 02:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Dr. Dickey is in Flower Mound and she has said in public many times that she takes unvaxed children. She will say she wants children vaxed, but would rather have them get good care otherwise so she would never turn a child down due to vax status.

I live in Coppell and we use Dr. Mac who is very non-vax friendly. I like him a lot and we also don't do well child visits. I have several friends who don't vax and they use Dr. Jim and Pam Ulanoski also in Coppell. The couple are highly recommended. Dr. Cahan is my GP and I know she takes kids. I like her just fine myself, though I prefer having my kids with a ped since we have such a good one who supports our parenting choices.

I hear good things about Dr. Bain, I just would not be willing to drive that far.

(feel free to PM if you want more details)

Maria :, mom to 4 cuties with 1 sweet hubby
doula, childbirth educator and midwife wanne-be!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page