DFW Waldorf Group - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 03-27-2009, 11:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi all,

I just wanted to share this group I've found. I went to the first meeting- a meet/greet introduction- and I'm really excited to have found more Waldorf parents in the area. We are few and far between!! :

http://www.meetup.com/The-Dallas-Wal...sed-Playgroup/

If anyone around here is interested, please sign up on the website and join us!! Eventually we will probably split up into two groups: Dallas and Mid Cities/Fort Worth. For now, there are so few of us that we will have a play group in Dallas one week and Mid Cities the next, so no one is driving too far more than bi-weekly.

I'm going to cross post this in the Waldorf forum.
#2 of 14 Old 03-27-2009, 11:55 AM

DS just turned 3-hopefully in a few months this will still be going strong
#3 of 14 Old 03-30-2009, 04:09 PM - Thread Starter

DD just turned 3 too and she's not the youngest in the group. You're welcome to join us any time.
#4 of 14 Old 04-02-2009, 12:42 AM

I went ahead and signed up. When I first glanced at the page I saw 3 1/2-6 years old mentioned-but then I actually read it
#5 of 14 Old 04-15-2009, 10:56 AM

Hey

We are Waldorf Homeschoolers. We use the Christopherus curric. My kids attended a great Waldorf school up in the Puget sound area but alas we are outside of Dallas now and YES it is unlikely to find other Waldorf inspired parents up here. In Austin there is so much, maybe highschool!! Or maybe we will just keep homeschooling them. It would be FANTASTIC to get involved with a group like this up here in the DFW area. I tried the link you gave and it said it is temporarily not working. If anyone has any more info. Please share!! We totally need to support eachother. And more people might be interested if they just new we were here!!!
Many Blessings
:
#6 of 14 Old 04-15-2009, 01:06 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaknut View Post
Hey

We are Waldorf Homeschoolers. We use the Christopherus curric. My kids attended a great Waldorf school up in the Puget sound area but alas we are outside of Dallas now and YES it is unlikely to find other Waldorf inspired parents up here. In Austin there is so much, maybe highschool!! Or maybe we will just keep homeschooling them. It would be FANTASTIC to get involved with a group like this up here in the DFW area. I tried the link you gave and it said it is temporarily not working. If anyone has any more info. Please share!! We totally need to support eachother. And more people might be interested if they just new we were here!!!
Many Blessings
:
It would be great to have another member!! So far we have only had one meeting, because of Passover, Easter, etc. interrupting. But hopefully this week we'll get together again.

Try the link again (it worked for me this morning) or go to meetup.com and search for "Dallas Waldorf."
#7 of 14 Old 01-14-2012, 03:06 PM

IKnow this is a really old thread, but is thisgroup still meeting? Is there a mid-cities/FW group? I need a tribe!

Thanks!
Janeen
#8 of 14 Old 01-14-2012, 06:52 PM

IKnow this is a really old thread, but is thisgroup still meeting? Is there a mid-cities/FW group? I need a tribe!

Thanks!
Janeen
#9 of 14 Old 01-16-2012, 07:28 PM

Or is anyone else doing Waldorfy homeschooling in Fort Worth/mid-cities???
#10 of 14 Old 02-06-2012, 07:07 PM

Clove Hill in Richardson is a waldorf based nursery school, and they have many events for children.  Next week they're doing a puppet show, and they frequently have toddler tea parties, etc.

Here's the website!:  

http://www.clovehillearlychildhood.com/

#11 of 14 Old 07-07-2012, 08:45 PM

Hi Janeen, we are located in North Dallas. This is our 1st yr homeschooling using Christopherus Curriculum. I have 2 daughters, 9 and 7. 

#12 of 14 Old 07-08-2012, 04:50 PM

Weeda, I may be a little far for you, but I have an 11 year old girl and a toddler. We use some Christopherus materials, some other stuff, too. I'd love to chat.
#13 of 14 Old 08-07-2012, 08:04 PM

We're in South FW, just getting started with homeschooling, thinking about incorporating some Waldorf. We have a 5 year old and 3 year old, both boys. I need a tribe too!

#14 of 14 Old 08-08-2012, 07:00 AM

Weeda, Ashley,

I just realized this forum doesn't have an easy way for us to contact each other off-list.  Here's my email:  janeen (AT) xsolutions (DOT) us

I have a fledgling group that isn't really Waldorf, but is filled with mamas who parent gently and live naturally.  All homeschool, but the approaches are wide-ranging, everything from relaxed Classical to unschooling.  The kids so far range in age from due-in-October to about 12.   We are getting together at the end of August to plan out some fun things to do this year; I'd love for you to join us.  I'm also putting together Casa trips for the year.  I have the list nearly finalized, so if you would like to join us, let me know ASAP.

Weeda, I would LOVE to add some more girls around the age of my girl.  Ashley, we already have a few other boys near the ages of yours, so I think your boys will find lots of boy-fun.  I KNOW you'll love the other mamas!  :)

Hope to hear from you.

Janeen

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page