April in ABQ - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 274 Old 04-01-2009, 10:04 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Happy April Fools Day and Happy Birthday to baby N.

Doularn, that's very cool that you could work out a problem without going back to school!

ASF, we'll get in on that.

Playgroup: I'd be happy to host either today or tomorrow, but not Friday.

Mama of three.

#2 of 274 Old 04-01-2009, 10:25 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
so i scared the crap out of dh this morning - heh - did the hmmm, how weird, it is cycle day 57 today...he said "so you are um like pregnant" *gulp* and i said well i dont think so but something weird must be going on, maybe that diva cup sucked my next period right out of me." he was looking kinda gray and unconvinced so i told him "april fools!" he was very relieved. I am evil

doularn - that does sound cool - hope you can figure that out

kmj - co poisening how scary - you get to get a new dl - that is exciting - they have this new facial recognition stuff and the license looks weird

so yes, everyone let me know about spanish because i want to tell them how many adults and kids and then we can know how much the cost would be.
#3 of 274 Old 04-01-2009, 11:04 AM

What's the time commitment with the spanish? When would it start? I need more details! If I were to do it I hope it would be me, J and S. At least it would be me and J. I took it for seven years and was "textbook fluent" but could not converse to save my life (evil, evil verbs). The last time I spoke it was (gulp) 15 years ago and it's mostly gone.

If people want to play I can host Friday. The gas leak is fixed. There is still no fence around the (empty and covered) pool so if people want to wait until that happens, I can totally understand. My kids don't go near it but Anodyne's H walked right out on it without hesitation, which was appropriately terrifying.

Tomorrow is my (35th) birthday and we have a sitter for the evening. Where is a good place to eat? We'll end up at Genghis Grill if I don't find something else. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but I'm always up for something new if it's yummy.

This post was sponsored by parentheses.

We are six: Me : Dh : Ds1('00) Dd('02) Ds2('05) Ds3('08) and, wow! Soon to be seven, Dd2 due 4/23.
#4 of 274 Old 04-01-2009, 11:40 AM

hi ladies, i'm back, 30 weeks pregnant, taking a break from births while i gestate and give birth, so i'm jumping back in to say hello! it's been a very crazy busy time with hilary, but now that i'm off call, things are easier to plan. i know some of you already, had the honor of being at your births, but i'd like to do the pg thing now, and just be a pregnant mom of a 2 year old. i need some mama friends. friends of any kind would be good, really. midwifery tends to put a damper on one's social life if one is on call perpetually, but 'tis so worth it.
#5 of 274 Old 04-01-2009, 11:41 AM

****happy b day baby n!

liss - cool! so glad you will be able to hang out. We ahve been doing monday open gym time at gold cup - $5 for the kid and they basically run themselves silly. We are trying to get a kid free tiedye day together for the weekend after easter. we are bad at organizing playgroup and usually decide like a day before

the spanish lessons are up to us. It seems like a lot of people do a 2 hour block 1st hour for the kids (parents can sit in obviously) and then hour 2 is the parents and any kids that want to hang around. We can do group lessons as many times a week as we want and also individual.

One place i talked to was a company - they were more $$ but they were very professional and have been doing this for a bit. The other 2 were individuals and also were fluent spanish speakers and were cheaper.

So far all 3 said they would do lessons as young as 2years old. I told them we have a group of kids and parents starting at age 2. The cost will depend on how large the group is (since we would all split the cost) and how often we do it.

I would like to do it 1-2 times a week. I wanted to get more info on what we were looking for (how much time and how many kids) before i got even more info.
#6 of 274 Old 04-01-2009, 12:07 PM

I'd be up for spanish class. Let me know the details.
My DH left for NYC today. He'll be there for at least a week.
I'd love to get together soon. Although I'll have all four kids so.....
#7 of 274 Old 04-01-2009, 12:52 PM

Happy Birthday N

Wow I don't post for 3 whole hours.

Spanish, I'd love to but right now I'm feeling a bit (ok a lot) overwhelmed and don't see how I can do more.

KMJ, Genghis Grill is our date place I'm a cheap date.

Liss hope you can hang out some, now that you are *just* pregnant with a 2 year old

DoulaRN, I think we should make a pack like those kids in MA and when you get your CNM we'll all get pregnant together, it would be a years worth of work already lined up

I don't see how I can hang out this week.

Mom to ds 9 dd 7 : and dd 3/08 : if I can I go to
#8 of 274 Old 04-01-2009, 01:24 PM

Today is bad for us - we have to do our taxes (blech)
Tomorrow is out too, so Friday is our best day for pg.

Happy birthday N!!

Welcome back doularn! Great to know you have options for your education.

KMJ - Very scary on the CO!! We had a small leak for a few weeks, but if I remember right, the info I found didn't say much for long-term low dose exposures. Most of what I read was about a sudden big leak. Hope everyone is ok!!

Speaking of health issues, anyone hear from peace about her back surgery? I hope it went well!

No spanish for us right now, but if it was German I would be right there! We have more german speaking family than spanish right now...

Just a modifiedartist.gif trying to find some peace and regain my balance.
#9 of 274 Old 04-01-2009, 04:17 PM

Hope Peace is doing well!

Happy birthday little N! :

After we got our cat months and months ago, Adam and Eva took him to the vet to check on his cold. The vet and Eva decided on April (15th?) as his birthdate. Upon hearing that today is now April, Eva got excited and yelled "That's Cosmo's birthday party!" So now I have to throw a birthday party for a cat.

heartbeat.gif heartbeat.gif heartbeat.gif

#10 of 274 Old 04-01-2009, 04:20 PM - Thread Starter

You're such a nice mama Rach.

Mama of three.

#11 of 274 Old 04-01-2009, 06:48 PM

Oh I have a great tuna fudge recipe that would make an awesome cake for your cat, of course that might not be what she had in mind.

So teachers not only make the worst students but they also make lousy parents when it comes to doing homework.

#12 of 274 Old 04-01-2009, 06:48 PM

C wants to share one of her favorite links with the other kids

http://www.recyclebank.com/recycling
#13 of 274 Old 04-02-2009, 01:09 AM

SO I had two HB transfers today! How wierd is that? GOt to work with the HB midwife I am meeting with on Friday. Unfortunately it was so busy I was not at my best. But it was okay.

âGo confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life youâve imagined.â H. D. Thoreau
#14 of 274 Old 04-02-2009, 01:29 AM

And thanks for all the support. You all are true friends willing to have sex, get knocked up, be pregnant and let me help you have babies!!

I'm trying to figure out how the birth center fits into this for me... who knew there would be so many choices.

Hope you all are feeling better.

âGo confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life youâve imagined.â H. D. Thoreau
#15 of 274 Old 04-02-2009, 12:08 PM

So i'm planning a Dharma order for Monday. If you want anything let me know soon (we will get better pricing with a larger order).

Is there a plan for pg yet?? Friday is my best day this week.

Just a modifiedartist.gif trying to find some peace and regain my balance.
#16 of 274 Old 04-02-2009, 01:12 PM

hey can someone pm me the link to the other board (if there is one still)? i tried to go to the one i was given a while back, but it doesn't work now.

also, if there is a pg this week, is there something i should bring (like food)? i'm not sure how all this works since i've never been
#17 of 274 Old 04-02-2009, 01:17 PM

Liss PM Elm, her dh moved the board a while ago.

#18 of 274 Old 04-02-2009, 01:55 PM

i think we are pretty much out for this week

we plan on going to open gym next week on monday and would love to have a playgroup too if we can get it together. Next week i can do wed, thur, fri

elm - is there a calender function on the other site? I was thinking between tiedye, parties, pippi, etc we should have a calender.
#19 of 274 Old 04-02-2009, 03:04 PM - Thread Starter

Liss, I'll pm you.

ASF, I don't know if there is a calendar or not. I'll look closely when Little S goes down for nap soon.

My kids decided that 4am was a good wake up time today. Thankfully dh got up with them (and didn't even complain, in fact I thought they got up because he was up ) then they went back to sleep, which meant I got to sleep until 8:20 with Little S and S slept until 9!

Mama of three.

#20 of 274 Old 04-02-2009, 03:04 PM - Thread Starter

Oh yeah, is playgroup happening this week?

Mama of three.

#21 of 274 Old 04-02-2009, 08:53 PM

I can't do anything tomorrow. But next week I'm pretty free.

#22 of 274 Old 04-02-2009, 10:43 PM

Yeah, we can't do anything tomorrow too. But, the Slugs and Snakes in Space Opera performance is next week, so we'll be done with that. That means our weeks will be a little less busy.

I still don't have my computer back. I'm getting really irritated. I took it in a week ago Wednesday. I called today and someone was supposed to call back. Course they didn't. Errrr. Dh is going to drop by tomorrow since he'll be on that side of town. I've had such good service at the apple store before. Errrrr.
#23 of 274 Old 04-03-2009, 11:12 AM - Thread Starter

COMommy, that sucks. I wonder what the hold up is?

If anyone wants to come over today, call me. We'll be pretty bored. Next week, I'm free everyday except Friday. And I will need some playgroup time because my Colorado in-laws are coming down for Easter.

Mama of three.

#24 of 274 Old 04-03-2009, 08:54 PM

Hi -
Does anyone have any reviews, stories, recommendations, etc.
about Monte Vista Day Nursery or the Inez YMCA Day Care?

any info would be much appreciated...
#25 of 274 Old 04-03-2009, 09:11 PM

Sorry I haven't heard of either of those.

So I took my first photography course today : I think I figured out my focus problem it took about 10 seconds but if it works it was worth the whole course.

#26 of 274 Old 04-03-2009, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgrlilly View Post
Hi -
Does anyone have any reviews, stories, recommendations, etc.
about Monte Vista Day Nursery or the Inez YMCA Day Care?

any info would be much appreciated...

the monte vista day nursery is right by my house and i hear it is excellent but difficult to get into due to the limited space. my dd has been on the waiting list for a year and is now on the waiting list for the 2y/o's, instead of the under 2s. i don't know about the inez ymca.

emans- yay! photography is one of my fav. hobbies.
#27 of 274 Old 04-03-2009, 11:30 PM

Made it to Scottsdale, anyone wanna come over my place? i'm going to get a bottle of wine. Got a one bedroom suite to myself.

#28 of 274 Old 04-04-2009, 11:09 AM

Wine, no kids, adult conversation, sniff sniff.

#29 of 274 Old 04-04-2009, 01:08 PM

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes for N. He had a great day! I know it's been a few days, but my life, once again, got super hectic. It should be slowing down soon, though!

I participated yesterday in this school competition and my team didn't win, unfortunately. Another team we were close with ended up getting 1st place, so that's really cool. Not really a big deal, though, since it was sucking the life out of me and I'm just glad for it to be done.

I might be able to make pg this coming week. . I really NEED it.

I also got E signed up for pre-K at UNM this fall. . we'll see how it works out. Right now DH and I are trying to figure out how to do transportation. I requested the morning session since she doesn't nap (thanks for the tip, ASF!) but ya'll know I am SOOO not the early person. Getting her there by 8 scares me! So, I think I'll send DD with DH in the mornings and he can take here there before work. The only sucky thing is that currently, DH works like right next to the place but this summer he'll be moving buildings and will be down by The Pit. So it's still not extraordinarly far out of his way, but less convenient than it would be!

So emans, what photography class did you end up taking? I'm still itching to get a decent camera, but a lot of things complicated that (like medical bills, ugh). Maybe one of these days I can join ya!

Mama to Boy (2) and Girl (5)
#30 of 274 Old 04-04-2009, 01:21 PM

Oh, and can you guys tell me what you know about Fundamentals Gym? Do any of your kids go there or have been there? Someone must have pointed me in their direction in the past because their web site is familiar to me. . but now DH can get a discount through work so I'm wondering if it's worth exploring.

Mama to Boy (2) and Girl (5)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page