ABQ May Days - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-12-2009, 02:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
You got to have a waterbirth yesterday : I somehow missed that.

Mom to ds 9 dd 7 : and dd 3/08 : if I can I go to
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-12-2009, 02:32 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
do we want to junk playgroup this week and just do the party sat?

i just found out this morning that there is ANOTHER kindy visit field trip this thursday. So i either get to be a mean mom AGAIN and make dd miss her 2nd to last day of school, or i have to let her go.
So possibly we will be free thursday all day
Old 05-12-2009, 07:04 PM

yesterday dd picked up ds and put him in his swing outside and buckled him in and pushed him I was a bit scared when i saw that.

I just bought dd a huge 52 piece fancy sidewalk chalk set. this morning while i was hanging dipes ds threw all 52 pieces in the baby pool which had about 3 inches of water from them playing yesterday
Old 05-12-2009, 10:09 PM

we can do play group here friday if you want.

âGo confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life youâve imagined.â H. D. Thoreau
Old 05-13-2009, 10:21 AM

That could work for us.

So I feel like the real me has been swallowed up by a suburban mom. I get my hair cut down in Nob Hill and it always makes me miss the funky old me. I used to use safety pins for earrings wear funky sandels and burn insense while blasting The Cure on a water bed. The day used to start at 10 pm (yesterday the woman who cut my hair wanted to touch up my makeup because it was "only" 7pm), and I thought are you kidding, I want this to be the end of my day. I used to shop at cute little trendy places now I buy my clothes at Costco. Sigh.

Old 05-13-2009, 12:11 PM

*hugs* emans - hey, you have gotten another tat recently though right? That counts for something.
I so get what you mean. I see pics of me from only 6 years ago and i think "dang, i used to be cool and fun and cute!"

what time friday is everyone thinking? C has her last day of school and counseling.

and ETA again

I feel like i got jumped last night. I had my first trial karate class and i am so freakin sore! I am so not 18! BUT i could stretch better then anyone else in the class - including all the kids! So i may be old and fat and slow but i am still flexible! Excuse me while i cry now.
Old 05-13-2009, 12:21 PM

for Eman and ASF. I was never cool and funky but sometimes I wonder what would have happened if I hadn't gotten married so young or had a baby so soon. Oh well, what's done is done and I love them to pieces.

ASF, ouch. You go girl!

Friday works for me. What time?

Mama of three.

Old 05-13-2009, 01:05 PM

Don't get me wrong Elm, I wouldn't trade them for anything, but I never saw myself wearing sweaters in a van.

Asf, that is great, you'll put everyone to shame

Old 05-13-2009, 02:55 PM - Thread Starter

Hugs to all of you. I think the only time I thought I was "hip" was when I was blindingly drunk. Not a great situation. I did think I'd be singing a lot more than I am, but I don't know that I ever believed I'd make it as a coloratura. First off, you have to sleep ten hours a night! Boring.

I'm glad I traveled before I got married (at 25).

I am cautiously going to say that F is daytime pee-trained. Working on poop and nighttime will be much later. He is never dry when he wakes up, never has been.

Hope you're all having a great week! Have you turned the corner, CO Mommy?

We are six: Me : Dh : Ds1('00) Dd('02) Ds2('05) Ds3('08) and, wow! Soon to be seven, Dd2 due 4/23.
Old 05-13-2009, 04:09 PM

Yeah, I was never really cool either.

I'm feeling better. Really sore from coughing and still really gunky but not laying on the couch anymore. I'm a little concerned about it turning into bronchitis or something, since I seem to be having a hard time breathing. But, I'm going to give it another day and see how I feel. Man, I think that was the sickest I've been in a very long time.

I'm trying to catch up a little on laundry and dishes, since apparently I'm the only one in the house who knows how to operate either machine.
Old 05-13-2009, 04:40 PM

Yeah, I would never trade my babe either, but I do miss the freedom of not having a child. I really started coming into myself in my late twenties - busting out of my southern conservative background and getting to know my true treehugging liberal self. In my early thirties I took off and backpacked for a month in England and Ireland all by myself with no agenda before I got there. Then eight months later I went back and lived there for 6 months. I wish I could still travel like that. When I got back to the states I moved to Albuquerque, met dh and the rest is history!

Comommy - hope you continue to get better!

ASF - Ouch! Flexible is something I have never been.

We're off to Texas to visit my family and so dh can go drive Nascar cars around the Nascar track with my dad and brothers. Will be nice for H to have lots of people fawning over her though and give me a bit of a break. I'll get to see my longtime bf too. Hope you all have a great week!
Old 05-13-2009, 06:16 PM

Peace have fun.

Comommy, don't you have lots of able bodies men at home to do that sort of stuff. Hopefully it will die off and not become something awful.

Old 05-13-2009, 06:22 PM

Hi everyone. Hope things are going well. We are still here. Hopefully in a couple of weeks DH can take time off and get us. We want to spend the summer east and then be back for school. We will definately be in Florida for July. I have my 20th high school reunion . I can't believe it.
Science class is over and fencing is winding down. I'd love to get together for a playgroup.

peacelove...I'm actually jealous. I'm a NASCAR fan.
Old 05-13-2009, 10:18 PM

I only think I was cool in retrospect. I am sure I wasnt. I went to Cancun alone, and Europe, I gues I did some good traveling,,,,

Glad everyone is feeling better.

Friday- Anytime after 11am is fine. We have tutoring until 1045. I may be doing laundry.....

I was thinking just today that the only time I feel like "Me" is when I am away from my family on one of my volunteer trips or at happy hour with old friends in MD and how sad it is that I have to go away to do that and even sadder is that its really just work related. However I know myself well enought that if I really got to be me more I'd probally not be married. "Me" is kind of a troublemaker in the relationship department. Its probablly best the way it is

I am trying yoga tonight! Wish me luck

âGo confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life youâve imagined.â H. D. Thoreau
Old 05-14-2009, 02:18 AM

Good luck with Yoga, doularn!

ASF, go flexible you!

Eman's, we're going to a concert tomorrow night and my husband suggested we stop and get ear plugs before we go. I told him I'll risk the deafness. I may be old enough to know better but I'm still young enough to not care.

heartbeat.gif heartbeat.gif heartbeat.gif

Old 05-14-2009, 07:31 PM

Which concert you going to Rach?

Mama of three.

Old 05-14-2009, 11:33 PM

So you all remember my sensory kid right? The one who would rather starve than eat food, and the one that won't wear pants that touch his shoes, well guess what he thought was fun to do tonight. He decided to run through the sprinklers, then roll in the sandbox to see how much sand he could get to stick to his body Yeah I think I might make squash tomorrow night

Have fun at the concert Rach

Old 05-14-2009, 11:40 PM

Eman, that's hysterical! How's he handling the sensation? Little S cannot deal with sand on his hands or feet, but loves it on his belly and head. Weirdo. And enjoy the squash!

Mama of three.

Old 05-15-2009, 04:07 AM

Yoga was great. Today sucks. I can barely walk tonight.

L wasnt feeling good today. I will post about PG in the morning if its a no go.

Old 05-15-2009, 05:05 AM

I've been doing a lot of reading here but not a lot of posting. I finally have time. I'm sure I'm going to leave some stuff out. . but I'll answer what I can based on memory

Rach, what concert? There was a concert I really wanted to go to but I accidentally scheduled E's party for the same night. Oops. But I hear ya on the earplugs issue! (no pun intended)

Doularn, funny how they market yoga as this relaxing thing. Yeah, I was in pain after doing it too. I actually haven't been back, although I did think it was fun. I hope L starts feeling better. I was thinking about pg tomorrow, but I am having lunch with a friend instead, so maybe next time.

Emans, that's too funny about the water and sand! At this point, E doesn't mind playing in the sand box or water table, which is actually a pretty big deal considering she used to freak out if her hands were messy. My kid was the one that refused to fingerpaint when all the other kids were doing it happily. But she's still not happy with her feet getting messy. She wears socks with her Crocs because she doesn't want sand or grass coming in through the holes. And yesterday she freaked out when some water from the water table spilled on her feet (actually, N dumped it on her! LOL). Wet, sandy feet are torture for her.

And I wanted to comment on the "losing yourself" theme. I can't say I ever was totally cool, but I was still cooler than I am now. I struggle with what it is I'm doing (or rather, what I want to be doing) and it hasn't gotten easier since I quit my job. I go back and forth on wanting to be a SAHM and a WOHM. . .when in reality what I think I want is both simultaneously. My biggest thing is realizing more what I want to do (med school) would have been sooo much easier years ago. I want it too badly to give up, but I look at my childless peers who can study for 8 hrs every day and I realize that could have been me 10 years ago. In some ways I regret not doing all that first because it's hella hard now. But in other ways, I'm thrilled that I have my family already because they are my rock. Ultimately I know that the grass is always greener and you can't have it all. All I can do is the best I can do. It doesn't mean I still don't dream of sometimes staying out with friends all night, going to different clubs, and picking up cute guys. And them sometimes I remember the reality and frustration and hangovers and am so much happier that it's all behind me.

Mama to Boy (2) and Girl (5)
Old 05-15-2009, 10:40 AM

I'm not sure about PG, R is still sick so I have no idea what to do about preschool graduation. In her little world this is huge. I think she has the lengthy thing that is going around, she says "mom I feel ok" but has been laying in the dark in my bed sleeping about 20 hours a day.

Old 05-15-2009, 12:15 PM

I'd probably give her some motrin and take her anyway. :

We won't make pg today. I've got to make C's b-day cake.
Old 05-15-2009, 12:36 PM

We're on for today if anyone else is.

Eman, I too would just give her some motrin or tylenol and take her to graduation.

Mama of three.

Old 05-15-2009, 12:49 PM

Sorry, no PG here today. L is slightly better but I feel like crap and was up hourly last night. So I am sleep deprived and sick and D is in Phoenix today.

I will see you all tomorrow.

BTW, there was swine flu at NACC, in one of the K-2 classes.

PS The plot thickens with the work drama from the other night. i will tell you more tomorrow.

Old 05-15-2009, 02:21 PM

I think i am getting a horrid sinus infection. I had a temp last night and was delirious and fell out of bed - then i accused A of hitting me on the head (because i hit my head falling off the bed)

Dh had to take dd to school for me because i couldnt even get up. I am just now feeling semi human and am starting my herb/homeopathy/tea regiment and hoping my face will stop feeling like it is made of cheese.
Old 05-15-2009, 03:05 PM

We went to the NIN/JA show. No ear plugs and our ears survived.

It sucks that everyone is sick! We actually could have attended today.

Crazy, Adam and I were just talking about it last night and he said he's behind his HS peers in schooling and that it is more difficult to do it now as a parent than it was before we had kids. But of course we wouldn't have it any other way.

heartbeat.gif heartbeat.gif heartbeat.gif

Old 05-15-2009, 04:23 PM

I think if I could just throw up I wou ld feel better...

Old 05-15-2009, 04:35 PM

to everyone who is feeling sick.

We won't be making it to C's birthday party. Dh has a work thing tomorrow he forgot to tell me about and we need to go.

Mama of three.

Old 05-15-2009, 05:37 PM

Yikes sounds like everyone is down.

Really we had swine flu at NACC, man I'm totally out of the loop. However I think swine flu would be shorter than this.

So I did end up medicating her and we left right after : her fever is nearly gone she is now complaining that her nose is totally stuffed up and still just wants to lay in bed. The healthy part of of will be there tomorrow, E is so excited it's making me crazy.

Old 05-15-2009, 09:22 PM

I haven't even told my kids yet about tomorrow. So it will be a surprise right?

User Tag List