ABQ June Bugs - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 364 Old 06-02-2009, 08:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Happy June! : Figured I'd get the June thread going. Do you guys know what June bugs are or are they mostly in the South? I haven't really seen them around here.

Hope everyone is having a great week!
#2 of 364 Old 06-02-2009, 08:18 PM

Eman- What did you get for a teacher gift?

âGo confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life youâve imagined.â H. D. Thoreau
#3 of 364 Old 06-02-2009, 09:33 PM

We did group cash in a card from the class and everyone wrote poems (E drew a picture) and they had a little party.

Mom to ds 9 dd 7 : and dd 3/08 : if I can I go to
#4 of 364 Old 06-03-2009, 01:19 AM

I can't believe it's summer vacation already!

I have no idea about the June bugs. I know in Silver City there were bugs we called June bugs but years later I found out they actually weren't.

Goliath (the kitten) is home from surgery and is wearing the tiniest cone.

: It's like three different sicknesses hit us all at once. I am, of course, the sickest. :

Oh hey, I was gonna ask at MNO- My sister is sending me a box of toddler boy clothes. She was wondering if any of you ladies were interested? I believe they are mostly 2T-5T.

heartbeat.gif heartbeat.gif heartbeat.gif

#5 of 364 Old 06-03-2009, 01:49 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
we always called cicadas june bugs.

rach - this sinus infection i had was the worst i have been sick in years. i felt awful! I hope you get better soon. Baby c wears 24mth stuff right now so he might be able to use some 2t stuff - i would give elm first choice of bigger stuff since her little s is wearing a bigger size then little c
#6 of 364 Old 06-03-2009, 01:53 AM

ASF, Little S is only wearing 2T now, some 3T because I'm cheap and want things to last.

Rach, I can take any 3T stuff. If you'd be willing to hold on the the bigger stuff, I could use them in the future. I just have zero storage right now. I need a finished attic...

Crazy, it was great seeing you at Explora. How'd the test go?

Mama of three.

#7 of 364 Old 06-03-2009, 02:17 AM

Elmh, ya it totally cool seeing you there! We stayed 'till near closing and both kids were exhausted! At one point I sat down by the air section and light room to nurse N and this women walks by with 2 kids and just kinda stops for a moment and just looks at me. It seemed like a long time, but it probably was 2 seconds max. Anyway, N just popped off so I was pulling down my shirt, and I just kinda looked at her for a second. Maybe I had a weird look on my face. But then she walks up and said she was sorry for looking, but happy that I was nursing an older baby! Wow! So that was cool.

MRI went fine. I asked the tech if they saw anything unsual, but she just said no. I'm not sure if she's just saying that because she's not supposed to say anything, or maybe I really don't have a tumor and it's all in my imagination. I couldn't get the images on CD tonight (apparently only one person can burn them and they don't work past 5). I'm going to go tomorrow and pick it up. Only once I look at the images myself will I know. So now I'm just really confused and have no idea what's going on.

Mama to Boy (2) and Girl (5)
#8 of 364 Old 06-03-2009, 03:11 AM

Another thing. . .can you guys help me brainstorm?

E has this thing with her feet. She's very particular with what touches them and the two biggies at the moment are water and grass. Well, water all by itself is fine (like when taking a bath or when in a swimming pool), but wet feet outside of the bath/pool is very bothersome to her. This is especially true when she's wearing shoes that get wet, like crocs or sandals. And then like I said, she absolutely will not allow grass to touch her feet (won't even wear crocs in the grass, lest a blade pokes through a hole).

So, what's the problem? Well, she wants to play outside with the water table (and between her and N, she always ends up soaked) and run through sprinklers. So basically, her problem is that she wants to get wet but doesn't want her feet wet at all, not even if she's wearing some sort of shoe.

Ideas? The only thing I've come up with is to stick her in her tennis shoes and cover her shoes with gallon-sized Ziplock bags. But that doesn't sound so practical. . .

#9 of 364 Old 06-03-2009, 09:40 AM

Hmmm let me think about the water/grass.

Glad the MRI went well, hopefully it turns out to be nothing.

#10 of 364 Old 06-03-2009, 10:45 AM

How does she feel about water shoes? S went through a phase where if her shoes got wet, she'd meltdown. So I bought her water shoes and explained that these shoes were specifically for when she would get her feet wet. She went with it.

What are we doing this week? I don't feel like going to the old thread but I know there was something planned.

Mama of three.

#11 of 364 Old 06-03-2009, 10:59 AM

Target sells cute little rainboots, Crazy. That's what F wears to play out on water, since he has some issues with his feet as well. My mom got us a pair of frog wellies years ago when JS was a baby. They still look like new.

Water will get in the top if she's playing hard enough, though. Hmm.

We are six: Me : Dh : Ds1('00) Dd('02) Ds2('05) Ds3('08) and, wow! Soon to be seven, Dd2 due 4/23.
#12 of 364 Old 06-03-2009, 11:56 AM

Hi guys I haven't been here in awhile. I'm actually in FL. The kids are still in Abq. My husband is going to drive them to Fl when he gets back from NY. (My MIL is watching them.) My dog ran away yesterday from the RV park and they can't find him anywhere. I've been looking online but don't know all the shelters in the area. If someone can point me in the right direction, I would love the help.
Hope everyone is doing well.
#13 of 364 Old 06-03-2009, 11:56 AM

I don't think anything was planned but I'm up for whatever.

#14 of 364 Old 06-03-2009, 12:00 PM

Burk we posted at the same time, yikes hope they find him.

http://www.cabq.gov/pets/ this is the city site, most likely if he's turned in it would be here. http://animalhumanenm.org/ This is the other big place in town, but they have a "turn in fee" so most likely he wouldn't end up there. Any chance he is microchipped? You could always post a "lost" add in the pet section of Craigslist. Is he friendly enough to go to strangers for food etc? Is everyone still at the RV park? So hopefully he'll wander back.

#15 of 364 Old 06-03-2009, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman'smom View Post
Burk we posted at the same time, yikes hope they find him.

http://www.cabq.gov/pets/ this is the city site, most likely if he's turned in it would be here. http://animalhumanenm.org/ This is the other big place in town, but they have a "turn in fee" so most likely he wouldn't end up there. Any chance he is microchipped? You could always post a "lost" add in the pet section of Craigslist. Is he friendly enough to go to strangers for food etc? Is everyone still at the RV park? So hopefully he'll wander back.
Thanks..he isn't micro chipped but he's tattooed. I did put a ad on Craigslist.
Thanks for the links.

I decided to add a photo just in case sees him:

Chester
#16 of 364 Old 06-03-2009, 01:04 PM

burke - hope your pup finds his way home

crazy - hope it is nada

i think we had planned to do los ranchos on fridays pretty much for the summer.

i called and complained about the sprinklers since they ARE NOT supposed to be watering during the "heat zone" and they said that hopefully someone was just working on them or testing them and next week if we go back to the
park-o-trauma they shouldnt go on - we'll see
#17 of 364 Old 06-03-2009, 01:14 PM

Since nobody was there working I somehow doubt that :

#18 of 364 Old 06-03-2009, 01:53 PM

That park expierence sucked. Are we going to try it again next week?

Mama of three.

#19 of 364 Old 06-03-2009, 02:21 PM

My 8 year old nephew called me last night on his very own cell phone.

I'll let you know when the package arrives, she's still boxing things up.

Burke, I hope your Chester returns home soon.

#20 of 364 Old 06-03-2009, 04:59 PM

Oh Burke, I hope Chester is found soon!

We're planning on being there on Friday. Also, Dh has two phone interviews tomorrow, so I think we're going to head to explora tomorrow at lunchtime or a little after if anyone is interested in joining us. Our membership expires in August, so I thought we should be using it. And that way dh could maybe have some quiet in the house. But, I won't have a cell phone.
#21 of 364 Old 06-03-2009, 05:16 PM

We might join you, I've lost my exploria card and have no idea when it expires. His phone interviews are with local companies right?

So M just helped herself to a banana, she pushed one of her little chairs over to the counter, climbed on, and grabbed one off the counter, now finding the banana might have been a bonus but still. Once she had it she took a bite out of the skin and then started to peal it away to get inside.

#22 of 364 Old 06-03-2009, 05:26 PM

We might be up for that. What time?

Eman, that's hillarious.

Mama of three.

#23 of 364 Old 06-03-2009, 05:29 PM

does anyone know how much $$ explora is? We might be up for it (depending on how tonight goes - ds nursed 6 times in 8 hours last night) but have no membership
#24 of 364 Old 06-03-2009, 05:42 PM

It's $7 for adults, $3 for kids over one. I could get your kids in for you, and possibly you if they don't ask for names. Last time I went though they did.

Mama of three.

#25 of 364 Old 06-03-2009, 06:38 PM

It doesn't matter what time for us. I just have to be out of the house from 1 -3pm. But, I don't mind going earlier. I was thinking I'd pack a lunch for the kids to eat on the patio there. 11am maybe? How does that sound?
#26 of 364 Old 06-03-2009, 09:30 PM

11 sounds great. We'll be there.

Mama of three.

#27 of 364 Old 06-04-2009, 12:03 AM

man, i wish we could go, but we have a packed day tomorrow We may be able to fit in the Friday park day if y'all are still going there

crazy - I hope it is nothing!!

emans - what a hoot that girl is! Z just started climbing the last few days...the couch, getting up on step stools, the dog, whatever he can to get after what he wants (usually food related : )

burke - I hope your pup comes back soon

Just a modifiedartist.gif trying to find some peace and regain my balance.
#28 of 364 Old 06-04-2009, 01:24 AM

elm - i will call you if we are going

so today ds was naked and i walked around the corner and he had a hair tie around his penis and a popsicle stick in his belly button. Dd was asleep so he did it to himself. He thought he was so funny.
#29 of 364 Old 06-04-2009, 03:09 AM

HAHAHA OMG!
He is hilarious!!

#30 of 364 Old 06-04-2009, 04:44 AM

I don't think we'll be there, but we might. E wants to go to the Natural History Museum, and since we were just at Explora, we may go there instead. But there's still plenty of time for her to change her mind. I'll call someone if I'm coming.

Thanks for the suggestions on E's foot issues. E wants water shoes, so I may try those, but I'm concerned shew won't like them because they still get wet and squishy inside, which is the thing she doesn't like. The rainboots idea may actually work, in fact. I'll run that idea by her and see what she wants.

I'm so spitting mad at UNMH. I've always received good medical care there, but their staff is so incompetent I don't know how they wipe their own asses. I had a new adventure yesterday and today related to the MRI and I'm beyond pissed. In fact, I'm so stressed with everything going on in my personal life that I just lost it on the way home tonight. I was alone driving back from the hospital and just started bawling in the car. I looked like a psycho woman, I'm sure. I just have a hundred million things that are stressful right now and I just want to get away. . alone and with a lot of money.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page