Roasting ourselves, not chile July ABQ chat - Page 8 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#211 of 224 Old 07-31-2009, 10:14 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
doularn - ugh...

Emans - so you decided not to go with your dh?
#212 of 224 Old 07-31-2009, 12:12 PM - Thread Starter

Unfortunately yes We really shouldn't be spending the money on that kind of thing right now, we need to focus on the house, we need the windows and electric done before winter. I'm sure I'll regret it in about 24 hours but I hope in the long run it's worth it.

Mom to ds 9 dd 7 : and dd 3/08 : if I can I go to
#213 of 224 Old 07-31-2009, 03:44 PM

I'm home and except for the billing/insurance situation I have to say Pres was a very good hospital. Everyone was super nice. It was efficient and clean, eveyone from the housekeeper to the cardiologist introduced themselves and said what they were there to do. And even asked if it was okay for them to draw blood and when I questioned why something was being done they went and found the answer if they didnt know it. Even the guy techs, nurses and docs were nice looking....maybe it was the drugs. Anyway, I am home and bored. Cant drive till Monday...mom leaves today.

âGo confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life youâve imagined.â H. D. Thoreau
#214 of 224 Old 07-31-2009, 06:05 PM

Emans, sorry about not being able to go

Doularn, glad you are home now. I always had good experiences at Pres, too. That sucks about not being able to drive for a while though.

I posted a little update at the other site, but it's nothing earth shattering. Just makin' sure you guys don't forget about me

Mama to Boy (2) and Girl (5)
#215 of 224 Old 07-31-2009, 06:27 PM

you reallly are crazy if you think we forget..

âGo confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life youâve imagined.â H. D. Thoreau
#216 of 224 Old 07-31-2009, 06:29 PM

LOL doularn. . maybe you're right!

Mama to Boy (2) and Girl (5)
#217 of 224 Old 08-01-2009, 12:01 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
seriously - something has got to be done about this
*TMI ALERT*
So yall know how i have really heavy periods, well last night was crazy. I was asleep for 4 hours and woke up with the diva cup full, a foot square area soaked and just covered in blood. I stood up and it literally poured down my legs : Only 4 hours. All the herbs i can think of trying i wouldnt want to take while bf. Is there anything else? (well except for the iud - that freaks me out ) I look ghostly white this morning and am dragging butt feeling totally drained. GRRRR.
#218 of 224 Old 08-01-2009, 12:54 PM - Thread Starter

Honestly Mirena sounds better than that. There is of course that uterine burning thing, but that doesn't sound good. Also have you switched to total cloth/diva and given up everything else. Mine have gotten seriously lighter since switching to totally natural.

Mom to ds 9 dd 7 : and dd 3/08 : if I can I go to
#219 of 224 Old 08-01-2009, 02:48 PM

There's BCP's too but I'd to Mirena before pills again.

#220 of 224 Old 08-01-2009, 02:54 PM

I was a little wierded out about the IUD too but my hemaglobin was 9.8 before and now is 14+. That is alot of blood I didnt lose. And this crunchy mama does not miss my periods one single bit.

#221 of 224 Old 08-01-2009, 03:05 PM

Honestly ASF, I'm not one to say go get on some BCP, but this is a case where it can make a HUGE difference! I'd at least get something since you are losing so much blood in such a short time.

Had my first midwife appt yesterday and I liked her a lot (so did dh!) I only really had one question (how she would handle me after labor with the pph.) She answered the way I wanted which is perfect.

Mama of three.

#222 of 224 Old 08-01-2009, 03:58 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
BC barely lightens the bleeding - really it just shortens the length for me. I am scared of the hormonal stuff though since when i was on bcp i gained weight big time.

emans - i have been using only cloth/diva except at karate this morning.
#223 of 224 Old 08-01-2009, 04:36 PM

its August Baby

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...6#post14173576

#224 of 224 Old 09-14-2009, 01:55 AM

Hey Crunchy Mamas! : My husband and I just moved to the ABQ area (Placitas) and I am desperate to connect with other like minded mamas out here! We are dedicated to expanding and expressing peace, love, and joy in our lives. I am a healer and am hoping to connect with other spiritual mamas that are committed to integrating divine empowerment in to parenting. I have a crystalline star child (boy) who is two years old and another crystal/ rainbow on the way! :-)

I am also looking for a good homebirth midwife in the ABQ area... any one have any suggestions/ contact information? Thank you, loves! Have a blissful night!

Free-birthing, un-schooling (Waldorf style), extended breastfeeding, cloth diapering Earth Mama to Kayleb, ( 10/07) and Anaya ( 5/10)! Joyfully married to my beloved I hug trees and plant seeds.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page