DR Elizabeth Gordon Katy Tx???? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 07-20-2009, 12:27 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am looking for a open minded pedi, I have mixed reviewed about Dr Elizabeth Gordon . One that she is open to birth center deliveries and delaying vaccines and then another mom stated that she letured her about safety issues with both at each visit, I don't want to someone to try and make me guilty about the care of my own childern. I wanted to go to Ingac but my insurance doesn't cover him any ideas?help?
#2 of 8 Old 08-01-2009, 05:22 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I don't know her, personally, but I would suggest setting up an interview to meet with her and get an idea of her personality and leanings. Most doctors will do an interview for free, and it's the best way to get a feel of what YOU think of them.

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#3 of 8 Old 08-01-2009, 09:55 PM

We use her and really like her. She has never pushed or lectured me for anything (and we've been in there a few times for post-er injuries and sicknesses.) If you would like more specifics or want to talk more, PM me.

Me. Full-time intactlact.gif,homeschool.gif,waterbirth.jpgx2 Momma. Part-time Doula & WAHM. Married to my bff USMC CWO2. Momma to the big M energy.gif11/06 -- the lil' superhero.gif C 09/08 and belly.gifexpecting our 3rd & last 12/12.

#4 of 8 Old 08-05-2009, 10:49 AM

We see Dr Dehlavi at TCPA off Cinco Ranch Boul - and she's been great so far. We had a home birth with my daughter and she didn't blink at that. We've not gone too much against the grain but we've had only some vaccinations done (no Hep A, Hep B, Varicella) and she never even questioned why not or tried to pressure, just went along with our wishes. I don't know how she'd react to no VAX but I'd hazard a guess that she'd be happy to talk about it - probably worth a interview. I think she may be at the same office as Dr Gordon. I've heard good things about her but she tends to have no space I think.
#5 of 8 Old 08-24-2009, 12:27 PM

Dr. Dehlavi is actually a personal friend of mine from growing up. When we had to spend 6 months in Katy after Hurricane Ike, I took my daughter to see Dr. Dehlavi. She was absolutely great with my alternate vaccine schedule. (I asked her for her opinions, in the interest of continuing to be well-informed, and she offered them objectively, but supported all of my decisions.) I found her to be a wonderful pedi who was very good with my daughter. I have driven back to Katy from Galveston to see her since we've been back home.

I would completely recommend Dr. Dehlavi at TCPA for families in Katy.
#6 of 8 Old 08-25-2009, 10:04 AM

I would also put in a great recommendation for Dr. Louis Pottkotter in Sugar Land. I know it's a drive from Katy, but we've been going to him for a couple of years now and will be taking our daughter there. At our last visit, my husband asked about his preferences for a vaccination schedule to get his take prior to expressing our views, and he said that he would do whatever we felt comfortable with. He is totally against HepB for babies and doesn't see a real need for the 2nd Varicella shot that's just been passed. He has a very small office, so if you're looking for someone that has a large in-house staff, he's probably not a good fit but we're super thrilled with him.

Now: Mama of 2! Worker Bee happily married to my DH, motorcycle riding mama to H 8/99 and K 8/09.
#7 of 8 Old 02-27-2014, 09:13 AM

I know this thread is super old but I'm still searching for a pediatrician in Katy, TX and ran across it.  Just FYI to anyone else in the same position, Dr. Delhavi just opened a new pediatrics office and under info it states very clearly that if you are not willing to immunize your children they will not accept you as a patient.  Also - If anyone else runs across this and has information on pediatricians or family practitioners who will accept anti vax families, please pm me :)  Thanks! 

#8 of 8 Old 02-27-2014, 09:17 AM

Dr. Gordon's office is also closed...I'm having no luck!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page