VBAC options in El Paso - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 07-22-2009, 02:34 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone with info please help! I'm looking for any VBAC friendly providers in the El Paso area, and also any doulas with VBAC experience. My friend is 24 weeks along in her second pregnancy (1st dd is 3 yrs) and looking to switch providers from her very un-vbac friendly ob. Ist section was for FTP after a failed induction at less than 41 wks. (only reason for induction was dates).

I'm not seeing a lot of El Paso action in the Texas tribal area, but if any of you other wonderful Texans have any contacts I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

Anna
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 07-27-2009, 03:23 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
bump
#3 of 9 Old 08-03-2009, 06:28 PM

You have a PM.

Rachele Garrin ~ Missing Gideon and Butterball ~ Loving for our Jareth
#4 of 9 Old 07-25-2010, 02:18 AM

This won't help the OP, but I had a successful VBAC through the Midwives at Texas Tech, El Paso. I ended up having to get referred from my original health care provider before I could get in, but I did get in at 32 weeks.

Maybe this will help the next person doing a google search for "VBAC El Paso" or "VBAC Las Cruces".

Feel free to PM me for more information; even though I'm not active on MDC, I do get the PM notifications in my email (edited 2-21-2011).

#5 of 9 Old 08-12-2010, 01:40 AM

Has she checked out Maternidad La Luz? I did my CPM training/school there and we did VBACs....
It's a small but busy free standing birthcenter.

Feel free to PM me if still stuck-- I know many people still there and active in the birth community

Miles (December 2005) Pascual (March 2009). P's was my beautiful home waterbirth that healed me from my M's birth. natural birth, midwifery, postpartum depression, babywearing, breastfeeding.
#6 of 9 Old 08-12-2010, 01:42 AM

oops I see this was first posted a year ago!
oh well, like PP said, still helpful

Miles (December 2005) Pascual (March 2009). P's was my beautiful home waterbirth that healed me from my M's birth. natural birth, midwifery, postpartum depression, babywearing, breastfeeding.
#7 of 9 Old 08-16-2010, 02:41 AM

I know you already gave birth, but hopefully this helps future VBACers. I had a very successful VBAC at the University Medical Center (formerly Thomason). From what I understand that is the only hospital in town who will do them since there are always residents there. Heidi Lyn delivered my son and she was wonderfully supportive of the decision to VBAC.
#8 of 9 Old 06-18-2012, 01:39 PM

Hi Ladies,

My name is Dr. Julio Novoa. My specialty is Obstetrics/Gynecology and Cosmetic Surgery. I specialize in the TOLAC/VBAC. Except for University, I believe that I am the only OB/GYN in Private Practice who routinely performs the VBAC and VBA2C.

According to the ACOG, NHI, the WHO and Healthy People 2010/2020 , OB/GYN should be "ENCOURAGING" their patients to attempt the VBAC. Unfortunately, this is not happening.

This subject is extremely important to First Choice. So much so, that we have posted our delivery STATS for the past 3 years regarding our vaginal deliveries, primary C/S, repeat C/S and VBACs.

For the record, my primary C/S rate is 7%, VBAC success rate is 90%. The National and El Paso Primary C/S rates are approximately 30% and VBAC is 60%.

Please feel free to check out our website for more information and STATS.

Sincerely,

Dr. Novoa

#9 of 9 Old 06-18-2012, 01:40 PM

Hi Ladies,

My name is Dr. Julio Novoa. My specialty is Obstetrics/Gynecology and Cosmetic Surgery. I specialize in the TOLAC/VBAC. Except for University, I believe that I am the only OB/GYN in Private Practice who routinely performs the VBAC and VBA2C.

According to the ACOG, NHI, the WHO and Healthy People 2010/2020 , OB/GYN should be "ENCOURAGING" their patients to attempt the VBAC. Unfortunately, this is not happening.

This subject is extremely important to First Choice. So much so, that we have posted our delivery STATS for the past 3 years regarding our vaginal deliveries, primary C/S, repeat C/S and VBACs.

For the record, my primary C/S rate is 7%, VBAC success rate is 90%. The National and El Paso Primary C/S rates are approximately 30% and VBAC is 60%.

Please feel free to check out our website for more information and STATS.

Sincerely,

Dr. Novoa

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page