Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
oh yuck! i so hope no one else in your house gets it. *hugs*
#62 of 125 Old 11-21-2009, 01:19 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oh that sucks!!! That sounds so miserable. I hope my girl didn't pick it up! Though she's feeling fine today so I've got my fingers crossed.

Mama to Boy (2) and Girl (5)
#63 of 125 Old 11-21-2009, 03:49 PM

Hope she's better soon and that the rest of your house stays well!
#64 of 125 Old 11-21-2009, 09:19 PM

I hope she's feeling better!!

heartbeat.gif heartbeat.gif heartbeat.gif

#65 of 125 Old 11-21-2009, 10:17 PM

Thanks. SHe's been attached to me all day. She slept till noon and couldnt believe that she missed breakfast MOre diarrhea but no more puking. She ate crackers, popsicles, applesauce, toast etc. So hopefully we will a sleep tonight.

âGo confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life youâve imagined.â H. D. Thoreau
#66 of 125 Old 11-22-2009, 01:22 PM - Thread Starter

so i need to know what kind of carseats all you carseat junkies have. I need to have a carseat party and see what seats fit best in my car and dh's car. Let the puzzling of seats begin.
#67 of 125 Old 11-22-2009, 04:02 PM

ASF, we have the following:

Marathon
Regent
True Fit
Nautilus
a Eddie Bauer booster thing that sucks

And we'll be adding in a Keyfit 30 in February (borrowed from my SIL)

ETA: I also have a Snugride that you could try fitting in your car. I wouldn't actually use it with the baby (unknown history) but you could see if you could make something work.

Also, you'll probably need a Radian. I think Kermit has one that you could try. They're really nice but a PITA to RF in a lot of cars. They are very skinny though!

Mama of three.

#68 of 125 Old 11-22-2009, 04:16 PM - Thread Starter

that is what i was thinking was a radian for baby C. In my car i dont think it will be too bad since i have seen 3 marathons puzzled into a prius. But for dh his back seat isnt as wide so dd will probably be in a hbb or a reg booster for the every once in awhile she rides with him. I need to basically find the slimmest hbb and convertibles.

what i have now is a regent, a frontier, a marathon, and a scenera. When dh had the frontier and scenera i think he might have had room for a small bucket or booster in the middle.
#69 of 125 Old 11-22-2009, 11:27 PM

MINIVAN MINIVAN

I think you are going to need to lean toward Radians. Your wee one would be big enough to ride in a convertable from the begining. As far as carseats we only have the Marathon and Regent, now if you want to get into boosters..... But honestly I can't imagine dealing with the buckling and unbuckling.

Mom to ds 9 dd 7 : and dd 3/08 : if I can I go to
#70 of 125 Old 11-23-2009, 01:39 AM

I have two Radians if you want to try those out.

Did you say you need to put three across? Did I miss an announcement, or am I misreading because I'm so. stinking. sleepy?

We are six: Me : Dh : Ds1('00) Dd('02) Ds2('05) Ds3('08) and, wow! Soon to be seven, Dd2 due 4/23.
#71 of 125 Old 11-23-2009, 01:41 AM

Ok, I tracked it down. Crazy cool!

We are six: Me : Dh : Ds1('00) Dd('02) Ds2('05) Ds3('08) and, wow! Soon to be seven, Dd2 due 4/23.
#72 of 125 Old 11-23-2009, 02:14 AM - Thread Starter

NO EMANS!!!

KMJ - thanks I am surprised and excited. I would love to check out your radians if you wouldnt mind some time.
#73 of 125 Old 11-23-2009, 04:06 AM

Yeah, you're pretty much going to need to stick to the Radian. Good thing it fits newborns very well, even scrawny ones like mine If you decide that you want an infant seat instead of the Radian at first, the Baby Trend Flex Loc is the narrowest one on the market. BRU carries it so you can take it out to your car and try it out before buying it.

As to the seats I have. . .

Regent
True Fit
Frontier
Nautilus
Boulevard
Roundabout
Scenera

All are wide seats, though. Your car isn't any wider than mine and there's no way I could fit any seat in there between the TrueFit and Frontier, not even a Radian. But if I replaced the TrueFit (which is an absurdly wide seat) with a Radian, I could fit another seat in there.

Also, although it may seem that a booster will be narrower or more workable than a harnessed seat in your DHs vehicle, harnessed seats are almost always better in a 3-across situation. With a booster, not only do you have to dig your hands between seats to get the belt buckled (if the buckle is even accessible, depending on how close the seats are), but the older kid frequently accidentally unbuckles the seat next to her when trying to unbuckle herself.

#74 of 125 Old 11-23-2009, 11:13 AM - Thread Starter

I am so glad i have forever to figure this out.
#75 of 125 Old 11-23-2009, 12:56 PM

Bah, I hate dealing with figuring out carseats! We are so screwed if we have a third since the back of the truck is so small. I second the minivan idea I never thought I would like them, but after having kids they are looking so much more reasonable!

What are you all doing for Thanksgiving? I'm trying to figure out our menu right now.... maybe cook up another pumpkin for pie...

Just a modifiedartist.gif trying to find some peace and regain my balance.
#76 of 125 Old 11-25-2009, 11:45 AM

Wow you guys crack me up about the carseat obsessions. I can barely remember what I have in the back of my car.

I second the mini van. Seriously.

D and L are going to pick out, kill, de feather and gut a turkey today. Again we do this so L will see that an animal gives its life so we can eat. But he thinks it "way cool" which means again, he will never be a vegitarian and good that he doesnt have parents that hunt.

âGo confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life youâve imagined.â H. D. Thoreau
#77 of 125 Old 11-25-2009, 02:11 PM

Doularn, I think that's great. Adam believes we are meant to eat meat, however, he will not go to the farm and kill his own dinner.
I asked Eva what she thought about Liam killing his own turkey dinner and she said "I think it will be sorta awesome." LOL

#78 of 125 Old 11-26-2009, 08:50 PM

doularn - I think it is great he goes out and has that experience. We went elk hunting a few years ago (our friend got one which we helped with) and when the kids are much older I would like to make it a family event.

Happy Thanksgiving to all my friends and family! You help keep me sane

Just a modifiedartist.gif trying to find some peace and regain my balance.
#79 of 125 Old 11-26-2009, 09:45 PM

I have been at work with no patients for 7 hours! Online shopping!!

#80 of 125 Old 11-26-2009, 10:03 PM

OMG doularn! 7 hrs??! Um guessing on days like today, women don't come in unless they really are in labor, huh? No point in wasting the holiday at the hospital if you're just going to be sent home.

#81 of 125 Old 11-26-2009, 10:33 PM

Hey, a much needed rest for those that help babies out. Can't argue with that!!

I spent 6 hours on my feet making a dinner that was demolished in 20 minutes and now I get to spend another hour trying to figure out what to do with all the leftovers.
Methinks, for Christmas, we're going out to eat!!!

#82 of 125 Old 11-27-2009, 05:05 PM

Another quiet day here. I do have one mama being induced...she was walking around at 5 cm..

#83 of 125 Old 11-29-2009, 12:49 PM

So my MIL has decided she's not going to send the kids Chirstmas presents this year. Apparently it's too much of a bother, I guess all those phone calls and visits and other stuff she does to be involved in their lives will have to do. (oh wait she doesn't do any of that) The woman hasn't seen them since M was born, never talks to them on the phone, sends little cards nothing, and now clicking a button at Amazon is too hard. Gee I'm so glad I made up the wish list she asked for. For the record it really isn't about the presents, she just always managages to surprise me with her lack of caring.

#84 of 125 Old 11-29-2009, 01:26 PM - Thread Starter

Emans - i get it - she is 6 shades of whackadoo!
I was wondering how much more absent my IL's could be when they moved - maybe they will be that awesome too!
#85 of 125 Old 11-29-2009, 03:23 PM

I know, I tell myself she is crazy and uncaring, but she always seems to manage a new low.

Does anyone have a kid potty they aren't using?

#86 of 125 Old 11-29-2009, 04:10 PM - Thread Starter

hey, speaking of kid potties - does someone still have my baby bjorn little potty?
#87 of 125 Old 11-29-2009, 04:24 PM

That sucks that she is being that way Eman.

We're still trying to convince S2 to use the potty so I'm not giving up our little one any time soon. Good luck you two (and I will really bummed if the babies potty train before S2.)

Mama of three.

#88 of 125 Old 11-29-2009, 05:31 PM

Happy Birthday to Big S.

M is nowhere near ready, she just likes to sit there and it would be easier if she had one lower to the ground. Don't loose hope E eventually got it, so if he can do it anyone can.

#89 of 125 Old 11-29-2009, 05:51 PM

That sucks, emans. DH's grandparents were like that too. One year they promised his sister a Rainbow Brite bedding set (she was like 6 at the time) and she was so excited and talked about it all the time. When the time came, they sent a card in the mail with a $1 bill. No mention of the bedding set or anything. When MIL asked her parents about it, they just said that no, they hadn't forgotten, but they didn't feel like getting it for her anymore and had no further explaination. Poor SIL was in tears forever about that and has never forgiven them.

We have a little potty but I'd like to hang onto it for N. And elmh, don't worry about it. As I've said before, E wasn't interested in the potty AT ALL, until N came along and she realized diapers were for babies. She had only been out of diapers like 1 week when I first met you guys at pg last year. I'm not expecting anything from N for a while and he doesn't seem interested, so I doubt he'll be done first.

Happy Birthday Big S!!!!

#90 of 125 Old 11-29-2009, 05:58 PM

Also, I just wanted to share that I'm weaning N. He hasn't nursed in 3 days and it's going fairly well. It makes me very sad to have to wean, particularly since he's so attached to it, but I keep reminding myself that he's 20 months, so I've made it longer than most people, he's very healthy, and he needs a healthy mom. On the bright side, he sleeps 4-6 hrs at a time at night now!!! So his frequent night waking was related to him wanting to nurse 24/7. Now when he wakes up we just cuddle and he goes back to sleep. I'm still sad though. I wanted to do CLW and after DD weaned at 2.5 due to pregnancy, I thought I'd get my chance this time. But as life would have it, he's weaning even sooner. Oh well, I guess, I gave him a good start and nothing will take that away.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page