Medela Questions -- Need Help ASAP! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 11-10-2009, 10:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm going to cross post this in the Breastfeeding section, but just wanted to try and get some local input also...

Does anyone have the Freestyle pump?

Do any local shops (especially A Woman's Work if anyone knows) match internet prices?

I know MANY people who are happy with the PISA so I'm leaning toward just ordering that model. I used a hospital grade with DS but hopefully won't need it this time. The Freestyle seems perfect for me as I'll have to take it up and down stairs at least once a day then possibly to another location and in or out of the house before/after work. So just the lightness factor is big. Then if the rechargable battery really works it would make pumping in the car, when necessary, a much easier endeavor.

I'm due in a week and have really procrastinated on this decision. Partially because I hate ordering things off the internet. I really prefer to buy local whenever possible... TIA~!
#2 of 3 Old 11-11-2009, 12:10 AM

Go talk to Suzanne at Merry Go Round/ My Little Juel in Kingwood! Hers is a Medela-certified store. You can rent pumps or order your own. Not sure how the prices compare to the internet, but if you're due in a week you might want to rent one for now and take your time deciding which one to buy.

I dunno...but anyway, Suzanne's the one to ask!

http://www.kingwoodmerrygoround.com/breastfeeding.htm

Congrats and good luck!!
#3 of 3 Old 11-11-2009, 05:58 PM

I second the recommendation to go see Suzanne! Love her!!
I went in thinking that I needed a really nice pump, because clearly more is better right?
Suzanne sat down with me, discussed my needs, and convinced me to go with a MUCH cheaper pump than I had originally intended to buy (she even taught me how to hand-express, and told me that for what I was was needing it for, a pump wasn't really necessary at all) Now that is an honest saleswoman!
Like Mom2Annika said, she rents hospital grade pumps if you do end up needing one again (hopefully not!)
Good luck!

Me,fly-by-nursing2.gif wife to DH familybed2.gif , SAHM to DD (4/26/09) and DS (4/9/11) h20homebirth.gif cd.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page