Mothering Forum banner

Willobrook Methodist and its VBAC docs.

1K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  texaspeach 
#1 ·
I was planning to VBAC with Dr. Johnson, but she doesn't do VBAC any more.

I saw a bunch of docs in the Willobrook Methodist that lists VBAC under Interests/Special Procedures . They were Dr. Baker, Dr. Barcio, Dr.Chen, Dr. John, Dr.Kirkman, Dr.McGuirk, Dr.Norton, Dr.Romero, Dr. Russell, Dr.Thompson and Dr.White.

Anybody have experience with these docs? And how is Willobrook Methodist generally in terms of birthing? In case it progress to a C-sec are they willing to keep the baby with you?
Any info about these docs or the hospital will be greatly appreaciated.
Thanks.

#8 ·
Dr Norton delivered my first baby and she's awesome. I had to push for 3 hours (baby's big head was stuck at the ears) and she never once considered a c-section. I have a friend who pushed for 3 hours too and ended up going for a c-section at Texas Women's and her baby was smaller than mine.

I've heard good things about the other doctors in the same practice too.

#10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by alegna View Post
Very interesting- and it was a VBAC? My understanding was that regulation was not allowing it at all right now.

-Angela
That's what Jackie told me in 2008. I talked to her about VBACing and she said she wasn't allowed to do it in her birth center, no matter how close to a hospital she is located. The only option would have been a homebirth with her.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.