Feel the love ABQ! - Albuquerque Feb thread - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 97 Old 02-02-2010, 03:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
So, where is everyone?

I dont understand how i can not have a job, not be taking classes this semester and still feel insanely busy and tired. I feel like a slug.
#2 of 97 Old 02-02-2010, 03:17 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
You're pregnant, that's how I feel the same way and it sucks.

Mama of three.

#3 of 97 Old 02-02-2010, 03:34 PM - Thread Starter

dh says it is because i'll be "over 30 in 2 weeks"
yeah, he is not winning any points
#4 of 97 Old 02-02-2010, 04:09 PM

No, it's cause you're pregnant and have two other kids to take care of. I'm not even 27 yet and I am exhausted all the time. I'm chalking it up to pregnancy and the two other little ones who take all my time.

Dh keeps saying it's cause I'm fat. He's so lucky I'm a (mostly) nice pregnant lady (well, at least now that I'm medicated )

Mama of three.

#5 of 97 Old 02-02-2010, 05:13 PM - Thread Starter

OMG that would so get DH a junk punch
#6 of 97 Old 02-02-2010, 06:06 PM

Elm, you are soooo nice!!!!

heartbeat.gif heartbeat.gif heartbeat.gif

#7 of 97 Old 02-02-2010, 06:45 PM

Trust me, before I found the love that is Wellbutrin, we had a lot of issues over him saying crap like that. It never bothered me with the other two (yes, he's done this all three times) so he thought he could do it with this one. And now he can, but I'm medicated to my "normal" self again. It's how his sense of humor is, really bad, but I'm used to it and actually do the same thing to him

ETA: Apparently at his work the guys have all talked about how there wives were when they were expecting. It basically came out that I'm the nicest one while pregnant, even when I was in my crazy depressed stage. I'm not sure how that works because I don't feel very nice, but whatever.

Mama of three.

#8 of 97 Old 02-03-2010, 04:19 PM

Our thread last month was only 2 pages! That's crazy.

It's SNOWING! It's coming down pretty fast, the ground is really covered.

#9 of 97 Old 02-03-2010, 05:49 PM

Happy February! I can't believe that I have a 9 year old. That sounds so old!!! He's being such a good sport. He knows how pukey I'm feeling so he said he was ok without a big birthday party this year. Such a sweet kid (most of the time.) We just took him out to eat at Red Robin and thoroughly embarrassed him with the whole clapping waiters singing "Happy Birthday."

For those who don't know yet...I'm expecting number 4. Yikes! Not really planned but we're ok with it. Looks like baby will be here the beginning of Sept. I'm feeling pretty blech. Still spotting too which is totally freaking me out, but I'm trying really hard just to let it go. No cramping, just a little bit of spotting all the time. Anyway, I'd appreciate not mentioning it on FB for a few more weeks. I'm not ready to tell all my extended family and everyone I've known since childhood.
#10 of 97 Old 02-03-2010, 06:17 PM - Thread Starter

Cari - i am so excited for you.

It is freezing and crazy snowy here.
At the ob apt he couldnt get a hb, then got another better early pg doppler and still got no hb. By this point i am sure i looked stricken. So, he ran me over to the u/s room and took like a 30 second peek just to make sure there was a hb. Thank goodness! I was right, placenta is in front so that is why it is hard to get hb and i feel only weird small movement at the sides. It was a stressful 5 minutes though. Dr T is so MEAN - he didnt even look at the stuff of give me a pic - he literally just said "there is a limb moving - see - there is the hb" then he turned it off. What a tease he is
#11 of 97 Old 02-03-2010, 06:56 PM

COMommy & ASF!

I'll be 36wks tomorrow! We've got most things ready, just need the midwife to get back to town

I have no snow even though you all on the west side have it and they've closed EB I-40 at Eubank and Route 66. I must be between storms

Mama of three.

#12 of 97 Old 02-03-2010, 08:51 PM

Yay Comommy No matter how many of you get preggers you aren't sucking me in

Elm, wow that is just way uncool, in my book that isn't humor of any kind. But glad you are in the home stretch, it will be March before you know it.

I'm here freezing and starving, being hungry and cold trapped in the house is danergous.

Mom to ds 9 dd 7 : and dd 3/08 : if I can I go to
#13 of 97 Old 02-03-2010, 09:10 PM

Congratulations, COMommy!

ASF, that is scary! I'm glad everything is ok. No fair that you couldn't get a good peek at your little one though!

Elm, usually, you're the one posting about early morning snow and I'm looking around at blue skies peeking around clouds.

The girls had fun today. Adam took them out to build a snowman. Unfortunately, the snowman has already keeled over and left a huge mess.

My grandma sent me a croissant recipe and I have no clue why! My brain is just not working because I'm pretty sure I didn't ask her for it but I can't figure out why she sent it to me. When I spoke to her today, she made it seem like I should know why she sent it. OOPS.
I made them, and apparently my baking is not working either because they are not very croissanty at all! But bread is bread and bread is always good. So YUM anyway. LOL

#14 of 97 Old 02-03-2010, 11:44 PM

Eman, I'm pretty sure if dh hadn't met me, he'd never marry. Whenever he says something like that I point out that I'll loose like 25lbs in one day and maybe he should try that some time. Then we both laugh. I guess we're weird

It's finally snowing at my house. Took it long enough!

Mama of three.

#15 of 97 Old 02-04-2010, 03:59 AM

I totally missed this thread until now.

Elm, that's just not nice! My DH knows better than that. . thankfully he's never commented on my weight, pg or not. It's a good thing 'cause I have a list of his flaws all ready to go And I can't believe you're in the home stretch! I still remember way back when you first told us.

ASF, hey a least you know the babe's ok! I would have been freaked out too. But that was sure mean of him.

Rach, that's funny about the croissants! You're good at baking, too, so something is off. But at least they're good for what they are, even if they aren't really croissants.

COmommy, I'm still WAAAY happy for you! The spotting must be freaky, but at least the morning sickness is reassuring, right? I'm sure that sucks too, but at least you know you're still pg. And 9! wow! Who knows where the time goes!

So I still have laryngitis which sucks. My whole throat is swollen and closed up, but thankfully I can still breath. It's not sore, either, thankfully. I'm taking 2 classes this semester and man, it's totally draining me more than 1 class. It's not hard or anything, it's just that going to campus 3 days in a row is more than I'm used to.

Mama to Boy (2) and Girl (5)
#16 of 97 Old 02-05-2010, 02:43 PM

Congrats COMommy! Wow, what a shocker! There must be something in the water....

ASF - Glad you were able to peek at your little one. How far along are you now? I know you said it somewhere, but my brain seems to be slow today.

Elmh - Yikes! Get that midwife back from vacation soon! March is like, tomorrow, right? At least it feels that way!

Crazy - Has your voice come back at all? It would totally be driving me nuts.

News in our world: DH is going to have corrective eye surgery in a few weeks. He can't get LASIK (thin corneas, go figure!) but will have PRK - same thing, but longer recovery time, but with more stable eyeball health overall. Yikes!

Just a modifiedartist.gif trying to find some peace and regain my balance.
#17 of 97 Old 02-05-2010, 02:56 PM - Thread Starter

rach - i have never gotten croissants to come out right

blue - eye surgery freaks me out - dh had lasik 7 years ago and he loves it but i am of surgery on my eyes.

i am 16 weeks on sunday - eeep!

DS has figured out how to make his stuff stand at attention he plays with it ALL.DAY.LONG and is so fascinated. He keeps sticking his finger in his foreskin and he is nearly fully retracting himself. it squicks me out - boys are so weird.
#18 of 97 Old 02-05-2010, 06:54 PM

Congratulations COMommy! How exciting!

Blue - eye surgery makes me too. I would love to not have to deal with my glasses, but I don't know that I could actually go through with the surgery!

Crazy - Hope the laryngitis is starting to get better!

ASF - LOL about your ds!
#19 of 97 Old 02-05-2010, 09:47 PM

So dd was just sitting doing some stamping with pre-inked round stamps with cars, fire-trucks, etc. While I wasn't watching, of course, she decided to stamp the blue one all over her face. She even closed her eyes and stamped on top of them. Now she has two big blue circles all over and around her eyes and the ink isn't washing off. People are going to think I gave her two black eyes! Why oh why didn't I do the shopping earlier today?
#20 of 97 Old 02-05-2010, 11:20 PM - Thread Starter

peace - not to scare you but dd is almost 6 and still does that. She loves stamping her eyelids and her nipples!
ds always colors his penis with markers
#21 of 97 Old 02-06-2010, 04:47 PM

Ok, well maybe my kid isn't all that unusual.
#22 of 97 Old 02-06-2010, 08:46 PM

LOL Peace!
Eva drew a picture of Ana and a dog on Ana's forehead and it didn't come off in the bath. So Ana's been walking around with it on her forehead for days! She said she likes it and wants to let it stay forever.

Speaking of dogs, we just saw the cutest puppies at the adoption center at Petsmart (Academy/Wyoming). The mom was a beagle and all 9 pups (8 weeks old) were already half her size! Ana was mad that we didn't get her a dog.
We were dropping off the Mama cat and her 3 kittens. We're taking a break from fostering for awhile so we can get the walls painted, possibly the carpets changed, possibly the windows replaced, the garage reorganized, and .... UGH.

#23 of 97 Old 02-06-2010, 09:51 PM

Rach good luck with all that. We seem to always be neck deep in something over here, it's never ending.

Peace the kids are always covered in something, I sometimes wish they would be clean for even 30 minutes.

Blue is that a new procedure to replace LASIK?

R's finger is in today's paper you've never seen a happier girl. She's running around screaming that she's famous.

Totally OT but does anyone know of somewhere to rent a cheap dumpster? We need to clear out the yard and I just don't have that many trips to the dump in me.

#24 of 97 Old 02-06-2010, 09:58 PM

What is her finger in the paper for?
How cool for her!

#25 of 97 Old 02-07-2010, 06:09 PM

Peace, S2 is always covered in marker of some color. Lately it's stopped a little, but for the most part he has some somewhere. It was to the point that any time we went to the grocery store a certain teller we see all the time would comment. Now he's commenting that he's not all colorful, and then S2 lifts his shirt to show is very colorful belly.

ASF, there is a reason S2 isn't naked a lot, coloring the penis is one of them.

Eman, have you checked out Jackson Compaction? I just see the comercials on tv, so I'm not sure how much they cost, but they also recycle the stuff you stick in it.

Blue, midwife doesn't come back until my due date Bad timing!

Mama of three.

#26 of 97 Old 02-09-2010, 03:47 PM

Yikes elmh! I hope you don't have an early one this time!!

Emans - No, it is actually the precursor to LASIK - they don't cut a flap in the eyeball, they just reshape the top of it instead. That is why it is better for folks who play sports (or have kids and get hit in the face alot! ). It is just more stable for the eye overall and best for folks with thin corneas like DH.

MIL went home today It is always kinda sad around here when she leaves.

Oh, how did it already get to be February??!! Is anyone planning a V-day party again this year, or is everyone just too preggo and lazy to bother :P

Just a modifiedartist.gif trying to find some peace and regain my balance.
#27 of 97 Old 02-10-2010, 08:30 PM

Ladies help me, the husband is home for a 4 day weekend!
LOL

#28 of 97 Old 02-10-2010, 11:20 PM

Ha Ha, well you can always send him over here, I have a list a mile long, one afternoon and I'd have him begging to go home to you and massage your feet and make you dinner.

#29 of 97 Old 02-10-2010, 11:24 PM - Thread Starter

whooo hoooo! this is the second time i entered the bf task force photo contest (last time was when dd was a toddler) and i won again! last time they did one of me nursing dd and one of her nursing elmo. this time there is one of me nursing ds in california on the beach and one of me nursing ds as a newborn with dd making a funny face.

mah boobs are famous!
#30 of 97 Old 02-11-2010, 05:20 PM

Hooray for famous boobs!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page