looking for non-vax accepting Ped in OK City - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 03-15-2010, 05:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi,
we're about to move to Oklahoma City and are looking for a Pediatrician (if such thing should still exist...having my doubts here after being kicked out of a Ped's Office) who would accept an unvaxed child.

I'm hesitant to sign up with Naturopath/Osteopath since we just had a bad experience with an Osteopath who is great when "everything's fine" but as soon Kiddo was sick wanted me to bring him to a Ped.

I'd appreciate any names in Oklahoma City! Thank you!
#2 of 4 Old 04-16-2010, 03:45 PM

I really enjoy the OU Ped Clinic here, the phone number is 405-271-4881. Dr. Corbin sees my son, and she does ask me if I want to vaccinate at each visit but has never given me grief for declining.

Hope this helps!

CD(DONA) Birth Doula, Mama to a sweet little boy (4/08) and married to my soulmate.love.gif

We heartbeat.gif the family bed, birth advocacy, babywearing and breastfeeding my son until he outgrows the need.
#3 of 4 Old 04-18-2010, 12:37 AM

The best I've been able to find here is tolerant and even some that have been recommended to me as tolerant came off as not. Anyway here is the list of those I remember.

Maschino in Edmond (only her not the other dr in her practice)
Julie Morrow, downtown (came off as rude IMO)
Stephens at Mercy (Heard good things haven't tried him yet)
There is another in Norman that is supposed to be good search this forum for Norman and I'm sure you'll find his name.

All of these are merely tolerant of it. The only dr I have known to be antivax here moved to TX over a year ago. Good luck.

attached to DH superhero.gif 10/03, DD1 blahblah.gif 8/06, DD2 bouncy.gif 12/07, DD3 energy.gif 5/09, DD4 slinggirl.gif 11/12

#4 of 4 Old 04-18-2010, 01:04 PM

Stephens is great! My family knew him personally even before he was our ped. While he's not anti-vaxing, he's never given us any grief over any of it. We declined all the stuff at the hospital and went home the same day. He had no problems with any of that. He does ask if we want shots at the appts, but doesn't blink an eye when I decline.

I could definitely recommend him!

Momma to 7

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page