Crunchy Moms in San Angelo area?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 04-10-2010, 09:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Are there any crunchy Moms in the San Angelo are that might know of a pediatrician that is not pushy with vaccines!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 04-18-2010, 07:25 PM

I've had support about delaying some vax and refusing others with the La Esperanza Clinic. The pedi's are at the clinic on Beauregard.
#3 of 5 Old 05-20-2010, 06:37 PM

This might be a little late in coming but I lived in San Angelo almost all my life and just moved to San Antonio 2 years ago. When we were in san angelo, we went to CMA and saw Dr. Fernando Gonzalez. He is an AWESOME ped! We told him we didnt want to vax ds and hes the one who told us about the state vaccine exemption forms to get so we wouldnt have trouble with schools and stuff. He never gave us any grief about it. Hes a D.O. too if that matters to you. Im not sure if hes still at CMA because i know his wife was there for a while and them moved over to shannon so you might double check, but I hope that helps you some.
#4 of 5 Old 05-25-2010, 05:07 PM

I feel like I'm the only one here!!!!!!!!!!!! After reading a reply on another threat abotu Dr. Gonzalez, we started seeing him. But he wasn't as vax-friendly as I'd hoped for. We have an appt to see him tomorrow for a 3rd DTaP shot. At our last appt I had to show the nurse that our son is beyond the age of needing Hib and Pc, and expect I'll need to bring the same paperwork again. If tomorrow's appt doesn't go as I want it to, we'll probably look for another. But he's at a new place now (Shannon), so maybe he'll be more easy going than he was before.
#5 of 5 Old 09-17-2010, 12:12 PM

I'm way late to the party but I'm in San Angelo!!! Let's have a playdate!!

We're military so we're stuck with the Peds on base. If I could find a true "vax friendly" Ped off base I'd switch to standard and pay co-pays, but no luck so far. I do like Dr. Gonzales though! When I had DS, the Ped on call at CMC was Dr. Acton and OMG, JERK!!! He was AWFUL. DH told him that we didn't want Heb B or Vit K (had ordered the oral drops from the midwife in town - wish I'd found her BEFORE I was 34 weeks!), or eye goop. Acton threw a fit, yelled at us and told DH he was an idiot. He actually stressed me out so much that my labor stalled and I signed out AMA at 9cm to go home and get away from the hospital for awhile. The nurses got Gonzales to agree to see us if we signed the waiver and we saw him for the first 2 months of DS's life til we had to go on base.

Gonzales was good, but didn't really strike me as all that vax-friendly. If you're just going to delay, I think he'd be fine. I struck up a vax convo with him once and he just said that I'd have to convince him that I knew what I was talking about and that he sees case of VPD every year (he mostly mentioned pertusis - well duh, that vax is the most ineffective there is!) and supports vaccines. *sigh*

Even the midwife in town here doesn't know of any "crunchy" pediatricians.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page