Single mom help in North Austin - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 04-15-2010, 10:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm a newly single mom here in Austin and I'm having a really hard time getting back on my feet. I really need resources, so if you have information on or run a home daycare (I have an almost four year old daughter) and would be willing to work with me on price, PM me. I'm also looking for job opportunities (I'm looking for an additional or replacement job) and just new friends. My husband kept our apartment, our car, even our friends so I'm literally starting all over and I'm sure I'm doing it all wrong. If all you have to offer is words of wisdom, I sure could use them.

Thank you so much.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 04-16-2010, 12:30 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi. I'm way south but I wanted to suggest that you contact Catholic Charities and look into Head Start. I live in Trails at the Park apartments (google it) and there are other communities that belong to the org and they are partially low income and help with a lot of services. You may also want to join the AustinMamas yahoo group, it's an active group that has get togethers in different parts of the city.
#3 of 5 Old 04-16-2010, 10:05 PM

Hello,
I know how you feel (sort of). I'm not single, but my fiance and I just moved here from Fort Worth at the end of Feb. We are expecting our newest arrival, a boy, in June. And I am currently unemployed myself. I have thought about watching some kids to make some extra money, since I can't get hired on anywhere. And I am totally alone most days, seeing that my fiance works a lot.

What part of North Austin do you live in? We live North East off of Ed Bluestein Blvd and Loyola. I know there are a few online groups in the area that you might want to check out. I'm on one with meetup.com and also on cafemom.com with another.

Like PP said, you can check with Catholic Charities to see if they could help you in any way possible. I would also look into some government assistance, like food benefits and TANF.

Please feel free to PM me anytime.

Gina: Wife to BrandonMommy to Azlea Noel 1-7-04, Valerie Raelle 9-28-05 and Merrick Lux born 5-29-10. S/m to Riley 6-27-02[/COLOR]
#4 of 5 Old 04-16-2010, 11:55 PM

you can also contact the texas baptist childrens' home in round rock. they have several programs to assist single moms.

mom to four lively children. birth and postpartum doula. midwifery student. choosing to enjoy life. :
#5 of 5 Old 04-28-2010, 11:31 PM

I know I'm a little late to the party but please call 211. It is a social services hotline for the state and can get you in touch ith lots of local resources. Good luck mama!

Dude! I had no idea this was gonna be so great slingboy.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page