Arlington/Fort Worth Homeschool Co-op??? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 05-05-2010, 06:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi mamas!!!

I know a lot of other mamas on here are looking into school options for their los, and what in the world we are going to do with our minimal school choices and public school system.

I was sitting here thinking of the reasons I can not choose home school for my dd, and how i could make that change. I also want my dd around other children and exposed to experiences separate from me, and culture that i might ot be able to expose her to.

I work, as i know some of you do too. I can not afford to quit my job, at least not right now. And with the economy i can see that some other mamas might be in the same boat.

So would any of you like to get together and discuss the idea of a home school coop? I was thinking we could get a group together and rotate homes and mamas to "teach" the kids. If a mama, was better at art or math or something we could make certain "math" days when the kids where at that mamas house. And make a rule that there are always 2 mamas present with the kids at all times? There would be a basic co-op fee, to cover costs of supplies, and lunches/snacks, plus your 2 days to help the kids.

Anyone interested?

Melanie- Mama to my super hero daughter superhero.gif bravely battling brain cancer. ribbongrey.gif ribbongold.gif  www.fightformaddie.com  and expecting 1sttri.gif 1/13!!!!

#2 of 9 Old 05-06-2010, 12:03 PM - Thread Starter

Bump

Melanie- Mama to my super hero daughter superhero.gif bravely battling brain cancer. ribbongrey.gif ribbongold.gif  www.fightformaddie.com  and expecting 1sttri.gif 1/13!!!!

#3 of 9 Old 05-18-2010, 12:14 AM

My LOs, 2 and 3 1/2 are a bit on the young side to start something like this, but I would be interested in getting the ball rolling in that direction and forming a network with like minded families. Perhaps a few things more on the playful side to begin with? I dont know, just thinking out loud.
#4 of 9 Old 05-18-2010, 08:07 PM - Thread Starter

yeah, my dd is almost 3 1/2. Maybe to start a play date thing, and get some mamas aquainted with each other?

#5 of 9 Old 05-18-2010, 11:59 PM

i know there are a lot of homeschool "co-op" type groups in the area. I was homeschooled in DFW growing up and we still interacted with several other kids. And in Jr. High, we attended a "satellite" school in Euless that had a homeschool program three times a week.

I love the fact that y'all are trying to get something together. Don't give up. And I personally don't believe 2 1/2 to 3 year olds are to young to start learning. Both my daughters started to read easy words by the time they were 3 years of age. GL to all of y'all. If we still lived in DFW, I would love to meetup.

Gina: Wife to BrandonMommy to Azlea Noel 1-7-04, Valerie Raelle 9-28-05 and Merrick Lux born 5-29-10. S/m to Riley 6-27-02[/COLOR]
#6 of 9 Old 06-10-2010, 01:16 AM

We'd be interested! I have a 3 year old and 16 month old and will definitely be homeschooling - we'd love to expand our network!
#7 of 9 Old 06-10-2010, 04:03 PM

I'm interested! I have a 2.5 yo and a 9 mo. I will deffinitely be homeschooling and would love for them to get to know some other pre-homeschoolers.
#8 of 9 Old 07-18-2010, 09:06 PM

i just saw this.. i would love to join! my little one will be 3 in october and i have one on the way. she's still young but i would love to meet other mom's interested in this coop idea!

#9 of 9 Old 05-22-2012, 08:08 AM

I am in Burleson and I have a 12 year old who will turn 13 when the new school year starts. We are just starting homeschool. I would love to start a co-op. I am a certified teacher and I am hoping to find more parents that want to get together in this area with our children. If anyone out their has ideas and wants to starts something just let me know.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page