Mommy circle & babysitting swap in Santa Fe, NM? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 05-20-2010, 11:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Help! I'm a single mom in Santa Fe who works full time & just lost my full time babysitter (Grammy) to a real job! I'v only been here a year & have been working so much I havent found any mommy circles & am having the darndest time with my babysittng situation right now! Anyway, just throwing it out there, would Love to connect with some other Santa Fe mammas...

Elisha; happy, working, mountain/river/music, single mamma to Charlotte hearts.gif 03/16/08.      http://rivermamma.blogspot.com/

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 05-22-2010, 02:20 PM

ive lived in santa fe for 3 years now, and childcare here can be hard and expencive. there is an organization called birthng tree cooperative (they mostly do prenatal classes and that kind of stuff), they have a meetup called many mothers circle, its every first wedn of every month at 10 am at santa fe soul (off of rodeo rd). they mostly have kids until 1 yo, so we dont go there anymore (plus, i work on wedn) now that my son is over 1 y, but i remember they were discussing creating childcare swap thing...if you pm me your email, i can send you their latest newsletter, there was sth in it about it.
also, if you go to meetup.com, there's a group of santa fe moms that do playdates and that kind of stuff. i havent done it yet myself,but planning to.
there is a lady in Eldorado that i know of that has 4 or 5 kids that she takes care of and i think its about 35 dollars a day, but i dont know if Eldorado will work for you because of the distance.
Community college has one of the best affordable childcares in santa fe, but i think there is a waiting list.
#3 of 3 Old 05-24-2010, 11:01 PM

Aren't there a couple of MOPS groups in Santa Fe? I don't know if they do babysitting swaps though. The community college does have excellent care, but the priority spaces go to students and employees of the college (I currently work there as a temp). You might want to check to see if you are income-eligible to receive childcare assistance through the state too. I'm currently preparing to re-open my home childcare (my license is in early childhood), if you'd like to contact me about ft childcare.

Dd 9/99 via csection. 6 lbs 10oz

Dd 1/11 via vbac. 8 lbs 10oz

11 years secondary infertility

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page