South Houston Homebirth Midwife recs needed - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 06-13-2010, 10:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We are expecting #2 in Jan and want a homebirth with this one. DS was born at Nativiti in The Woodlands but I don't want to make that drive again (I live in Clear Lake).

I've narrowed our list down to a few and would like to hear about your experiences with them. Since the UA doesn't allow for negative reviews to be publicly posted please feel free to PM me if it's something you think should be shared.

SO, tell me about your experiences, good or bad, with: Deb Rouser, Kellie Moeller, and Christine Messara.

Do you have another suggestion? (I've already met with and decided against Bernadette & Jackie).

THANK YOU!!

wife to DH, Mama to DS "Bug" (09/07), and DD "Sprout" (01/11). 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 06-14-2010, 12:19 AM

I have heard that Kellie requires you to meet with her backup OB.

-Angela
#3 of 8 Old 06-14-2010, 12:40 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I have a friend who had a pleasant experience with Kellie.

I also have a friend who interviewed Sandra McDonald for a birth in Pearland, so I know she goes that far. I would *highly* recommend interviewing her, as well. She does all home visits, so you don't need to travel to her location. I'm on my third pregnancy with Sandra and couldn't be happier.

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#4 of 8 Old 06-26-2010, 07:40 PM - Thread Starter

bumping

wife to DH, Mama to DS "Bug" (09/07), and DD "Sprout" (01/11). 
#5 of 8 Old 08-14-2010, 08:46 PM

I live in Galveston and birthed at Nativiti in 2008. I'm looking at homebirth here on the Island whenever we decide on #2. I did interview Kellie Moeller and I really liked her a great deal, and in fact, I think she is who we will go with. She and I talked about the OB thing and she said it's not a requirement to meet with them.
#6 of 8 Old 08-20-2010, 11:29 PM

Darlene Dorries-Scrivner her website is www.biobirths.com. She lives in Nassau Bay.

Shannon, Daughter of the King, Wife to Christopher, Blessed Mom of 3 Boys. Homeschool, SAHM, and midwife. 

#7 of 8 Old 08-21-2010, 01:38 PM

We just had a homebirth with Christine. I enjoyed my time with her. She was professional, knowledgeable, and always seemed willing to discuss things (was flexible in that respect). I did meet with her backup OB, but can't remember if it was a requirement or not. He's a very sympathetic man and I was glad to meet him - took some of the fear out of the "what-if-I-have-to-transfer-care" anxiety that I always get.

Feel free to PM me with any specific questions.

Wife, Mom, Health Services Researcher
Uno ('03) Dos ('08) and Tres (Aug '10)
#8 of 8 Old 08-27-2010, 09:30 PM

I had a great home birth with Kellie and am very pleased with her and the birth. She recently switched from office visits to doing all visits in your home. Oh, and what alegna said is incorrect. She did not require a visit with her backup ob. She does not even have a backup ob, just a few obs that she has worked with before that are home birth friendly. She did ask me to meet with an ob, just in case I had to transfer, and I did. The visit took 10 minutes and it was free. Not a big deal to me. over all, I highly recommend Kellie!

me(29) and dh(27) -- SAHM to dd (8/7/8) --
Thrilled to be expecting our second baby - 4/6/11

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page