Austin - Dr. Cox vs. Dr. Wheelock - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 07-12-2010, 10:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am trying to decide between these two doctors. We currently do not vaccinate at all and would like a doctor who is just fine with that, but also good with kids.

Would love input from anyone.
Thanks!

- Crystal, mom to 4 kiddos expecting #5 very soon . We are a , , , , and family
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 07-18-2010, 04:44 AM

We take our baby to the Children's Medical Group. The doctors, Dr. Bell and Dr. McConnelly, are wonderful women. They are very friendly and are great with kids. I would check them out. I know that they are open minded to vaccinations and such. We are very open with them about our wants with little Merrick and they keep us educated on everything.

Gina: Wife to BrandonMommy to Azlea Noel 1-7-04, Valerie Raelle 9-28-05 and Merrick Lux born 5-29-10. S/m to Riley 6-27-02[/COLOR]
#3 of 4 Old 07-19-2010, 11:12 AM

a

Dana- wife to wonderful DH, and a non vaxed happy heathly 2 yr old!

#4 of 4 Old 07-20-2010, 12:23 AM

I have never heard of either. We use Kangos Pediatrics in way far North Austin, and we live in way far South Austin, and they have been worth the drive. Ours are not vaccinated, and we've never received any lip, just signed the paper on vaccine dates (I think I've only done that once or twice, so it's not every time) "are you getting any shots today?" "No" "Ok, sign this" and that's pretty much the entire conversation.

They are also WAY open to echinacea, (we used it for ear infections), not quick to suggest tubes for kids at all I think he said maybe 2 kids a year he suggests get them. Also, very savy on homemade baby food, and even when my LO was 6 mon old, I thought of making my own formula (not BFing, long story) and they said that would be fine, or just use a milk alternative than formula. We used Hemp and they were glad they got all the info on it from me. Also they know a great Pediatric nutritionist here, and they refer out all the time if something is over their head.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page