DFW area - Free dental care or even just a dental office that requires no up front payment? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 10-20-2010, 05:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
This morning I lost a good chunk of one of my incisors (more is gone than is left). Same thing happened to one of my lower teeth and has resulted in at least four abscesses in the past year, so I'm getting really worried. I have to do SOMETHING. I have no job and no money and I'm pregnant and just all around in a horrible spot. I may be able to borrow a limited amount of money from my parents (as in, less than $50) if I need it to get something started, but I literally CANNOT pay for anything else.

Is there ANYWHERE that will do free dental care? Lots of free extraction clinics, etc., but I need someone that will do more than that. Fillings are pretty important right now to prevent the rest of my teeth from falling out like the four that I already have that are broken. But I need some kind of implant or SOMETHING for these two main trouble makers. I have been told on several occasions that the one on the bottom cannot be pulled because it's too close to the front and can cause all my teeth to shift.

Or, if there's nowhere that will do it for free, I will seriously just go thousands of dollars into debt if that's what I have to do. I wanted to avoid it, which is why I haven't done it before, but now it's looking like I either go into debt or lose all my teeth. I called Monarch and they said I'll have to pay the $39 fee for the initial exam and then we'll discuss my treatment plan and see about payment plans. I'm just worried about going in somewhere, paying the initial exam fee, and then find out that they want money UP FRONT before doing anything else. It's down to the point that I am willing to go in and get the work done and then "oops, I don't know why my card is declining" and just have to hope I can work on paying before it hits collections. Anything to get the actual work done. Does anyone specifically know of a place that will do the work first and THEN have me pay? If it's "give us the money when you walk in before we start" then I can't do it.

Seriously....help! I'm desperate.

- Emy . Single mom to DS nut.gif Ezra (15.12.05), angel2.gif Thames (reincarnated 18.04.08) and DD rainbow1284.gif babyf.gif Allora (11.02.11) and dog2.gif Hoppylactivist.gif  novaxnocirc.gif  waterbirth.jpg fambedsingle2.gif bfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 10-31-2010, 03:51 AM

You may want to call the Baylor College of Dentistry and see if they can help.

Mom &  RN   intactivist.gif
Pardon the typos - CWOK (cat walking on keyboard)   signcirc1.gif

#3 of 4 Old 11-01-2010, 09:18 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Does Texas offer Medicade or Medicare? Those should cover dental if so. Are you on SSI? That has some dental coverage too, well at least that is what friends have told me. Social Services may have options as well. Might be worthwhile to check into homeopathics to help strengthen your teeth -sounds painful.
#4 of 4 Old 11-03-2010, 06:14 AM - Thread Starter

I'm on medicaid but it only covers real dental work for people age 20 and under... so all I get are cleanings and basic exams. Which do me very little good. Grrr.

Any suggestions or links for the homeopathic remedies? I haven't thought of trying homeopathics.

- Emy . Single mom to DS nut.gif Ezra (15.12.05), angel2.gif Thames (reincarnated 18.04.08) and DD rainbow1284.gif babyf.gif Allora (11.02.11) and dog2.gif Hoppylactivist.gif  novaxnocirc.gif  waterbirth.jpg fambedsingle2.gif bfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page