Teen/Tween Homeschooler-ish activities in Santa Fe area? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 12-16-2010, 02:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am coming to Santa Fe on vacation with my family, including my homeschooled 16, 13 and 10 year olds. I have Hillerman's Childrens Guide to Santa Fe but could use more help with suggestions of things to do - particularly science stuff.

Can anyone help? We will have a car.

J.D. and mother to three. Sustainable Mothering and check out my Writing and Speaking
Follow me on Facebook and Twitter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 12-18-2010, 10:22 PM

well me again in this post too... there is a web sight called santafechildren.com that might be a good resource for you, if you go under "local events", they list events by date and most the times have a pretty good list. one suggestion though, if you are going to use their calendar for something, call the actual place listed on there, a few times it happened to me that there were some sort of typos with the times or dates and we'd end up missing the event we wanted.

in albuquerque there is a children museum called explora that has a lot of science - related stuff. it pretty big and geared towards older children. the one in santa fe is small and geared more towards young kids.

you should maybe plan a day trip to los alamos, they have a cool museum with a lot of science -related stuff, plus, valles caldera national monument is there too, and thats a lot of fun for outdoor stuff, if there is snow, they have sleigh rides and things like that.

#3 of 3 Old 12-19-2010, 08:56 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks much again. This really helps.

Anyone else?

J.D. and mother to three. Sustainable Mothering and check out my Writing and Speaking
Follow me on Facebook and Twitter.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page