Ref for natural childbirth friendly OB in Katy/Houston/Woodlands, TX. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 01-17-2011, 02:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Need ref for natural childbirth friendly OB in Katy/Houston/Woodlands. I currently go to Dr. Reed in the Woodlands but I do not like one of her on-call Drs (he has HORRIBLE reviews and may have an action coming against him.) I would love to deliver at the new Methodist West because there's no seperation of mom/baby and my daughter can stay with us. We are willing to drive to The Woodlands Memorial again if we can't find a closer OB, just for the hospital. Thank you!

#2 of 8 Old 01-17-2011, 03:04 PM

Moving to the Texas tribe since you'll get more responses there. 

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

#3 of 8 Old 01-18-2011, 07:39 AM

Dr Reed is great but understand your trouble with her partner... I can recommend several midwives in the Houston area if you're interested and I can give you the name of my midwife who has worked in the Katy/West Houston area for years - I'm sure she'd have some good OB recommendations in that area if you need an OB. Her name is Natalie Wommack  http://www.fruitfulvinemidwifery.com/  I also saw Dr J. Samaneigo for some problems I had postpartum and he was wonderful. The midwives at Nativiti Birth Center in The Woodlands say MD behind his name stands for 'midwife in disguise' winky.gif  I'm not familiar with any of his parnters/backups....

Best of luck!

Kitty1 likes this.

Married to my high school sweetheart (15years), Mamma to 3 boyspeace.gif (2000), whistling.gif(2003), blahblah.gif (2007) and growing a new little one stork-suprise.gif due late July 2011. 
#4 of 8 Old 01-18-2011, 11:47 AM

I love Dr. Guilliams at West Houston!  The hospital is very crunchy-friendly but they don't currently have a lactation consultant onsite.  They do allow rooming in.  His back up is horrid.

Kitty1 likes this.

Now: Mama of 2! Worker Bee happily married to my DH, motorcycle riding mama to H 8/99 and K 8/09.
#5 of 8 Old 01-19-2011, 09:24 AM - Thread Starter

mumofmak:

I was looking into Natalie's birth center, may go ther! She's very nice. Did you say you had your boys with her?

I don't think I need a OB (as far as I know I'm low-risk) there's just a little part of me that is a little afraid of birth outside the hospital. Baby 1 had the cord wrapped around her neck twice and they kept losing her heatbeat--freaked me out! I know hospitals are more dangerous if you're low-risk, so I'm leaning toward birth center.

#6 of 8 Old 01-19-2011, 09:47 AM

I had my first at Nativiti Birth Center, my second at home with a midwife from Nativiti (both great experiences), and then I had my last one with Natalie at home. She is wonderful. I'm currently living in Europe and seriously considering coming back to the US to birth with her again!  She was very caring and experienced and knows when to transfer if need be.  She has a great faith in birth and God and was just a great support for me - is even now that I'm half way across the world! You can tell her Madeleine recommended her to you.winky.gif

Kitty1 likes this.

Married to my high school sweetheart (15years), Mamma to 3 boyspeace.gif (2000), whistling.gif(2003), blahblah.gif (2007) and growing a new little one stork-suprise.gif due late July 2011. 
#7 of 8 Old 01-24-2011, 05:28 PM

Natalie Womacks birth center is Katy Birth Center.  www.katybirthcenter.com  It is her, Cathy Rude, and Connie Blackum.  All wonderful ladies!

Shannon, Daughter of the King, Wife to Christopher, Blessed Mom of 3 Boys. Homeschool, SAHM, and midwife. 

#8 of 8 Old 02-18-2014, 08:55 PM

Hi, I have noticed there are a few questions about natural birth classes in Katy and West Houston and wanted to get the word out that I just moved here and teach Hypnobabies Natural Birth Classes!  My website is HypnobabiesWithPaige.com.  Please check Hypnobabies out no matter where you live because its amazing.  I used it for all three of my births and I can honestly say I had wonderful birth experiences all because of my and my husband's training and education through Hypnobabies.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page