Looking for a playgroup in N. Fort Worth/Keller area.. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-18-2011, 04:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi! We just recently moved from Chicago to Fort Worth and I'm currently a stay at home mom. I have a soon to be 7months old boy and a 5yrs old boy from my fiancee previous marriage. If anyone know of any group or would like to meet up please let me know. Thanks!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2011, 03:37 PM

There is a DFW babywearing group that meets every month or so. Just search DFW babywearing on Facebook. Also there is a LLL group in the area although somehow every meeting day I end up snowed in or taking someone to a doctor appointment and never make it...

I have a 7 year old and an 8 month old. We live right outside Keller in Saginaw if you are still looking for other moms nearby. I don't know any other AP moms outside of those I've met at the babywearing group so it would be nice to meet a more like minded mom :)

Oh, and my husband happens to be from Chicago as well. We make a pilgrimage every year or so to visit family and get char-dogs :P

-Jan

Old 02-18-2011, 08:54 AM

I'm a little further north almost to Decatur.  I don't drive much, but have a little homestead w/lots of animals that makes for a great little field trip. There's one other MDC mama that I know of out here too.

Happy Homesteading Homeschooling Homebirthing Beekeeping Dready (& a bit redneck even) Mama to 4 fab kids :  dd (23), dd (13), ds (11), dd (5)

Old 02-18-2011, 10:28 AM

I'm in Saginaw...just north of Fort Worth. I've got a nineteen month old little boy.

Married to my computer geek since 11.04.06. Mama to our little dude Bug (born 7.14.09, peanut allergy, asthma) and our rainbow baby girl Sweetpea (born 4.14.13). Forever missing my angel babies--Riley, Paisley, and Waverley!!

Decluttering my life...

Old 04-05-2011, 09:37 AM

Hi, I go to the MomMets group at the Met church just by I-35 and Golden Triangle, which is a great group!  I'm also just starting a playgroup in downtown Fort Worth at City Life Center on Florence Street (behind Walgreens on Henderson).  The first meeting is Thursday April 14th, 10-11:30.  Just a chance to chat and let the kids play!  I live in Keller too so let me know if you need more recommendations.  Hope you're settling in!

Old 04-20-2011, 09:59 PM - Thread Starter

Aw I guess I missed the first meeting for the downtown playgroup. I should check out that MomMets. Is there a website for it? And if you could tell me a little more about your playgroup... thank you!
Old 04-21-2011, 01:11 PM

MomMets is at the Met church on Old Denton Rd - their website is metchurch.com (go to ministries - women - for moms).  My playgroup is meeting weekly on Thursdays now - we've just got some toys out and chairs for moms to sit and chat while the kids play, and I'm planning to do some fun messy stuff too like finger painting on some weeks.  Buon Giorno coffee shop is right next door so there's great coffee too! The church FB page is http://www.facebook.com/pages/City-Life-Center-Fort-Worth/160714407278537

User Tag List