New here to website and to Kyle, TX - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 02-03-2011, 02:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi Mommas,

I am new to the mothering community and wondering what do all these abbreviations mean (ie DH, DS, etc.)?  You all seem to have a language that is new to me as a first time mom.  

I also am new to the Austin area and just moved to Kyle, Tx and would love to meet other mommas or mommas to be.  I am due to have my first child in April and would love to meet some natural minded moms in the area as I don't know anyone in the area.  Anyone out there live in Kyle or South Austin?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 02-03-2011, 04:19 PM

We just moved to Austin also, but we are north of you.  I am pregnant with #5 and I am sure you will find the forums here SO helpful as I have in the last 6 years.

Dh - dear husband (or damn husband depending on how you're feeling ha!)

dd - dear daughter

ds - dear son

I see from your name you're a chiro?  Are you going to be practicing here?  I just went and saw someone but was really disappointed that she didn't have any way for me to lay on my belly :(

Anyway, welcome to Texas!!!

Kim, Mama to 4 and 1 more on the way!
#3 of 3 Old 02-05-2011, 06:19 PM - Thread Starter

Yep! You got it I'm a chiropractor.  I can't believe your chiropractor didn't have a way to lay you on your belly.  Pregnancy pillows are the best.  I will be opening a practice and will definitely have pregnancy pillows, but unfortunately it will probably be a few months off and a little too far of a drive for you. 

Thanks for all the info about the abbreviations.  I have been seeing them all over the place and was wondering. That will help me navigate my way through these boards like a pro.  

Congrats on #5!  You are a mom warrior!  I am on number one, not sure I could ever handle six.  Guess we will see how one goes first :) 

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page