Possibly moving from VT to NM... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-15-2011, 10:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My husband is interviewing for a travel-type position and one of the places we could live is in NM. Right now we live in Vermont. It's VERY community active, lots of farms with berry picking in the spring & summer apple picking in the fall. July 4th is usually in several communities on alternating days so you can get a few days of fireworks, usually rented bounce houses or face painters and it's all free. Halloween is very active in the towns and I am going to miss all of this DEARLY if we have to move. Co-ops are commonplace.

The pull to choosing NM over some other areas is the potential to still ski, hike, etc.

What are the communities like in NM? It could be any place we choose, Los Alamos, Santa Fe, Albuquerque, just near enough to an airport. We are a homeschooling house, so I'd prefer to even have activities for our girls that are offered during school hours if that's possible. I am quite disheveled about this whole process. So far away and I don't know much about NM.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2011, 01:32 PM

hello and welcome to NM. Santa Fe is wonderful but an hour away from the airport. I am a big fan of Albuquerque, lots of things to do with kids and close to the river, woods, and mountains. good luck with your move. Oh also there is a homeschool collective here it is called The Family School (aps.edu)

:)

Slowgoing

p.s. if you need more information pm me.ROTFLMAO.gif

Old 06-16-2011, 03:38 PM

Albuquerque is great for kids!  We moved here about a year ago and have been having a great time getting to know the city.  I know a few people who homeschool and say it's a great place for that, and that there are several active homeschool groups in the city.

Old 06-19-2011, 07:33 PM

There are several great HS communities in Albuquerque, all very supportive. It is a great place to live with kids.

We are considering a move up that way, actually. We could trade houses (we are trying to sell ours) ;)

Just a modifiedartist.gif trying to find some peace and regain my balance.

User Tag List