Looking for the best CVS provider in Austin, TX - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 02-16-2011, 11:35 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am early pregnant again after a full term loss last year at 42 years of age. I had a wonderful, midwife led, untested pregnancy before (my first) but feel that although they were not able to determine why my son Kai dies on his due date, I may want the extra reassurance of early testing. I live in a remote area, but previously travelled to Austin TX for all my prenatal care and moved there for the last month of my pregnancy. I am well studied on the risks and benefits of CVS and don't need any info on that, but I am looking for information on who the best available provider would be. I have read that you want to find the Dr. who does the most of these tests and has great statistics. Hoping some of you Austin mamas may know of where to look. Thanks! 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 02-16-2011, 01:35 PM

“What is evil? Killing is evil, lying is evil, slandering is evil, abuse is evil, gossip is evil: envy is evil, hatred is evil, to cling to false doctrine is evil; all these things are evil. And what is the root of evil? Desire is the root of evil, illusion is the root of evil.”
- Buddha
#3 of 4 Old 02-17-2011, 07:42 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

i agree with the recommendation of Dr Shepherd- she is very very good. and very thorough and sensitive. i saw her all through my rainbow pregnancy after losing my full term daughter at my home birth

i am so sorry for your loss :(.

mdcblog5.gif   Liz mama to DS 10, DSS 9, DD 6, DS 3, DD 2 , Aquila- dec 19th 2009 died at my homebirth, and....welcome Willow born 9-16-10 (9 weeks early)  nut.gif
#4 of 4 Old 02-19-2011, 08:42 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks so much for your replies- Dr. Sheppard is the Dr. I saw for an intensive ultrasound to diagnose excess fluid last time and I do remember her being very kind and knowledgable. I will get in touch with her.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page