El Paso VBAC / Las Cruces VBAC - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 02-22-2011, 08:36 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Just posting this FYI for others who, like me, couldn't find anything about VBAC in the Las Cruces/El Paso area. This is just one option. Feel free to contact me via PM for more info. 

I had a successful VBAC in January 2010 at:

University Medical Center (formerly Thomason Hospital)
4815 Alameda Avenue
El Paso, TX 79905
(915) 544-1200

VBAC'ing midwives:
http://www.ttuhsc.edu/fostersom/obgyn/midwifery.aspx

VBAC El Paso, VBAC Las Cruces, VBAC New Mexico, VBAC Alamogordo

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 05-23-2011, 04:31 PM

I just read your post.  I know it was from a while back, so I really hope you can respond.  I had a c-section this year and it was just devastating to us.  We wanted to have our son naturally more than anything in the world.  This was my first child, and now I am in constant fear that I will never be able to experience what it's like to birth a baby the way GOD intended us to as women.  My c-section was the fault of my doc and his willingness to induce me 10 days too early.  You said that you had a successful VBAC in El Paso.  I too am from there and have found literally no one willing to even try VBAC.  It's like they are all scared little kids or something, controlled by law suits and insurance policies.  You also said that yours was at University Medical Ctr., formally Thomason Hospital.  Who delivered your child?  Where can I call to find docs and or midwives willing to try mine?  I looked on the website you recommended, yet there is no number available except the front desk.  When I called no one answered.

Thank you

#3 of 3 Old 06-18-2012, 01:36 PM

Hi Ladies,

My name is Dr. Julio Novoa. My specialty is Obstetrics/Gynecology and Cosmetic Surgery.  I specialize in the TOLAC/VBAC.  Except for University, I believe that I am the only OB/GYN in Private Practice who routinely performs the VBAC and VBA2C. 

According to the ACOG, NHI, the WHO and Healthy People 2010/2020 , OB/GYN should be "ENCOURAGING" their patients to attempt the VBAC.  Unfortunately, this is not happening.

This subject is extremely important to First Choice.  So much so, that we have posted our delivery STATS for the past 3 years regarding our vaginal deliveries, primary C/S, repeat C/S and VBACs.

For the record, my primary C/S rate is 7%, VBAC success rate is 90%.  The National and El Paso Primary C/S rates are approximately 30% and VBAC is 60%.

Please feel free to check out our website for more information and STATS.

Sincerely,

Dr. Novoa

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page