ISO Oklahoma HB Midwife - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 02-24-2011, 11:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi Ok. mamas! I am in the very northern part of the OKC metro - between edmond & stillwater really... and I am looking for a midwife, preferably where I don't need to sign up with a birthing center first to have my home birth.

I had secondary care from the OU Midwives for my first birth and really want to avoid having the whole medical scene to deal with this time around.

If you know of any that please send me their info!

Also would love to connect with all the other OK mamas as well. 

Thanks so much!

Becca

radical homemaking/living, homesteading, organic gardening, open minded mama to two amazing little ones 3/2010 and 9/2011 and expecting #3!!!! 5/2013.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 02-25-2011, 02:31 PM

I highly recommend Heaven Sent Birth.  

Heather
Wife + Homeschooling Mama to 4 + Midwife

#3 of 8 Old 02-25-2011, 03:05 PM

I love the midwifery practice in Norman. This is my 7th pregnancy in a row to use them after my first 2 being c/secs. Each time I've had wonderful, good quality prenatal care and beautiful homebirths with them. It's Community Midwifery Services. http://cmsmidwife.com/ They have the benefit of having a good ob to back them up should you have to transfer or need a prescription or something.

Happily married, busy mom to a houseful :-)

Expecting again early Oct 2014!

#4 of 8 Old 02-25-2011, 03:10 PM

Ruth Cobb is AMAZING. I lived in Stillwater and she did my birth.  I have nothing but wonderful things to say about her!

She is based out of Tulsa but travels for the birth. http://www.ruthcobb.com/

SAHM to Cameron James (b. 10/21/10) and wife to my adorable husband. treehugger.gif
#5 of 8 Old 03-29-2011, 11:44 AM

I'm late to the party and you've probably already found someone, but I just wanted to second the rec for heaven sent. They attended my birth and were great!

Me, DH, and DS (9/18/10), living in a multi-generational household (non-pathetic way of saying we live in my parents' basement).
#6 of 8 Old 04-14-2011, 10:08 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you ladies for all your suggestions. I haven't really looked into it more because I've been so busy and just haven't thought about it much, but now that I am about out of the first trimester, I really should consider what I will be doing.

I read over Heaven Sent Births website before my last pregnancy and I seem to recall that they require the same testing/pre-natal care that you would get from an OB... is this correct?

I'm afraid the Norman group would just be too far, as I am really wanting a homebirth and I think I read on their site they don't come this far.

I will definitely call Ruth Cobb and talk to her. I have been really wanting a UC or something really hands off and perhaps she could help with that or refer me to someone that doesn't advertise online or in print.

Thanks again everyone!

radical homemaking/living, homesteading, organic gardening, open minded mama to two amazing little ones 3/2010 and 9/2011 and expecting #3!!!! 5/2013.

#7 of 8 Old 04-14-2011, 10:11 PM

My friend(in Broken Arrow) has used Ruth twice now, and she is amazing! Ruth was also a midwife for her mother as well. She lives in Tulsa I believe, but maybe she would travel?

treehugger.gifAngie(25) Birth Doula and wife to Army man Bob(25), mommy to...dust.gifMeadow Shae(6),energy.gifLily Rain(4)homebirth.jpg, and joy.gif Sage Ashlyn(3). jog.gifAndrew Houston(9/3/11)

#8 of 8 Old 04-16-2011, 06:01 AM

Heaven Sent didn't make me do a bunch of testing. I think you can get it if you want it, but all my prenatals consisted of peeing into a cup, getting my blood pressure taken, my belly felt and listened to with a fetoscope, and talking. They were also as hands off as I wanted them to be during the birth. They sat in the other room and dozed until the very end, but came and asked if I needed anything periodically.

Me, DH, and DS (9/18/10), living in a multi-generational household (non-pathetic way of saying we live in my parents' basement).

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page