Hello from Houston - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-30-2011, 06:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm in the Humble area and looking for some like minded women to socialize with.  I am married with 2 daughters (7 and 4).  I currently work as a fourth grade teacher, and will be starting to try for baby number 3 in July. Peace.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2011, 07:54 PM

Hi Crkirby,

I live in the loop. I have a 10month old and am finding it hard to meet people as well.

Old 04-05-2011, 05:32 PM

feel free to PM me for details, but there is an AP playgroup that meets inside the loop as well as out west (katy-ish) tuesdays...as well as other things in between!

Miles (December 2005) Pascual (March 2009). P's was my beautiful home waterbirth that healed me from my M's birth. natural birth, midwifery, postpartum depression, babywearing, breastfeeding.
Old 05-10-2011, 05:25 PM

Hi, I live in Houston too, and while there are some fun-sounding groups out there, I can't find a way to meet other working mothers of small children (i.e., I can't take my 15-mth old to a group during the day, monday thru friday). Anyone know of things going on during the weekend? Its hard to meet other mamas! I live near memorial city.

Old 06-20-2011, 10:42 PM

Hi! I just moved here from Santa Fe, NM (I live in Kingwood, NE) and I am having an incredibly hard time finding like-minded people to hang with too! In Santa Fe, EVERYONE I met cloth diapered, ate organic, was anti-vaccine, etc. so I feel really out of place. Also, I need some recommendations for a midwife, ped, family practice dr, etc. I have a 17 mo daughter and one on the way.

Old 06-22-2011, 08:52 AM

welcome! pm me-- i can give you details on our AP playgroup--

we see dr. nellie grose-- google her....really like her-- she's not just for kids so we can all see her (have only been with the baby so far though)

for midwife-- are you doing a HB or want a BC birth?

rebiowa-- pm me for details on our AP group anyway-- on the list are a few WOHMs that you could connect with :)

Miles (December 2005) Pascual (March 2009). P's was my beautiful home waterbirth that healed me from my M's birth. natural birth, midwifery, postpartum depression, babywearing, breastfeeding.
Old 06-25-2011, 10:35 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi, mamas! wave.gif

I'm in Sugar Land (southwest), so unfortunately not too near any of you. I know there's an active branch of Houston Babywearers up north as well as Central. I lead in Sugar Land. http://www.houstonbabywearers.org There had been some WOHM meetings, too. Join the yahoo group and ask - I'm sure if there's interest there will be more!

Makenzie, for a homebirth, I recommend Paula Davis. She's close to you in Porter. She's assisted at my 3 home births.

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

Old 07-09-2011, 09:45 AM

There are lots of us around Kingwood, I promise! I work at Merry Go Round - we're a children's consignment store/natural parenting/Medela nursing center with two lactation counselors on staff. We have Smart Mommy meetings 4x/week - Tues, Wed, Fri from 9-11, Sat from 10:30-12:30. There's a great group of crunchy mamas at the meetings and working at the store. You ladies in Humble and KW should definitely stop by - bring the kiddos, there's a play area in the store and the kids all play during the meetings. It's wonderful, seriously.

Mom to blahblah.gifDD (5/07), diaper.gifDS1 (02/10)h20homebirth.gif and babyboy.gif DS2 (11/11)h20homebirth.gif !

Old 08-11-2011, 06:41 PM

Glad I found this thread. will be moving to huntsville in a year or two. 

~Carla~ LOVING~ LIFE~
Homebirthing, somewhat crunchy, single mom of ~5~.

User Tag List