33wks pregnant: Looking for a Midwife that delivers in a birthcenter or hospital in Houston, HELP! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 03-31-2011, 02:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi there mamas!

i am currently living in NJ but am very possibly moving to Houston area (tomball) in the next month. I am due May 18 with my second child and will need to find a midwife that takes late pregnancy transfers and has a very NATURAL approach to birth. I would prefer a midwife that supports waterbirth as well. Any advice would be helpful. THANKS!

#2 of 6 Old 03-31-2011, 05:22 PM

Please someone correct me if I am wrong - Unless the midmife works "in-house" at a hospital, midwives are not allowed to deliver in a hospital. 

The closest birth centers to the Tomball area are http://www.nativiti.com/ in The Woodlands and depending on where you are in Tomball, the Katy Birthing center would only be 30 minutes away - http://www.katybirthcenter.com/

I am using midwife, Natalie Womack who is a partner at the Katy Brith Center and I can tell you that I know they have a birthing tub (giant inflatable kind) at their birthcenter. 

I hope that helps!

#3 of 6 Old 04-02-2011, 07:32 PM

I  have delivered my boys at Rite of Passage in Pearland as well as apprentice there now.  Late transfers are not uncommon at all!  Feel free to PM if you have any questions :)

Shannon, Daughter of the King, Wife to Christopher, Blessed Mom of 3 Boys. Homeschool, SAHM, and midwife. 

#4 of 6 Old 04-05-2011, 05:12 PM

Bay Area (quite a trip for you, but they have lovely pools as well) also takes late-transfers. :)

I believe that all of the area birth center affiliated midwives in this area are late-transfer friendly because they understand that, under some situations, this might be necessary! I think you will find supportive care provider midwives throughout Houston. :)

Cole Deelah
a mama of 5, wife of one, doula, MW apprentice, and childbirth educator
#5 of 6 Old 04-05-2011, 05:25 PM

There's Reunion birth center in Kingwood (NE Houston). The midwives there have privileges at the hospital that is 3 minutes away. They generally attend births at the birth center, and use their privileges only in case of transfer. I have several friends who have birthed there and loved it.

There are also lots and lots of homebirth midwives around here, if you wanted to go that route.

Mom to blahblah.gifDD (5/07), diaper.gifDS1 (02/10)h20homebirth.gif and babyboy.gif DS2 (11/11)h20homebirth.gif !

#6 of 6 Old 04-19-2011, 10:46 PM

I had a great experience at Nativiti in The Woodlands several years ago.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page