Dallas birth centers? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 04-07-2011, 07:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Anyone have any recommendations (ones that take insurance). I dont know what type of insurance my friend has. I asked for a her a while back about midwives who work in hospitals, but she has recently asked me for info on freestanding birth centers. She is still researching but is open to looking into it. this is her first pregnancy.

#2 of 6 Old 04-11-2011, 12:23 PM

Unfortunately, In Texas, the Insurance Companies do not cover the free-standing birth centers. I was told something about the way they are licensed.... Something stupid if you ask me, but I had to pay out of pocket for the birth center. The Birth Center was totally up front about the cost and we set up a payment plan over the course of my pregnancy so that I didn't have to worry about it.

#3 of 6 Old 04-11-2011, 02:48 PM

Edenway Birthing Center in Cleburne takes most major insurance. I believe that Gentle Beginnings in Hurst does as well. And check the Allen Birthing Center because if I remember correctly they also take insurance. It does depend on which insurance company it is and what they'll cover. A lot of insurance companies will only pay for CNMs and not CPMs, so that may factor into her decision as well.

Jenni
Momma to my boy (1/99) & girl (7/00), Birthmomma to my Ladybug (8/09), the new baby monkey boy born 6/6/11!
Student nurse, doula, future midwife, and breastfeeding, bedsharing, babywearing, organic gardening, God-loving single momma

#4 of 6 Old 04-12-2011, 08:37 AM

Birth&Womens Center on Swiss Avenue is another one that I believe takes most insurance.

#5 of 6 Old 04-17-2011, 09:35 PM

Uhh... no. All the birth centers in dfw take insurance. Several of them take medicaid. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmccreary View Post

Unfortunately, In Texas, the Insurance Companies do not cover the free-standing birth centers. I was told something about the way they are licensed.... Something stupid if you ask me, but I had to pay out of pocket for the birth center. The Birth Center was totally up front about the cost and we set up a payment plan over the course of my pregnancy so that I didn't have to worry about it.

Okay, to answer the orignal question: Check out Lovers Lane Birth Center. Dinah is awesome. We used her for our homebirth (with insurance) and love her! She's really calm and hands off. Totally trusting of women's bodies. Good luck mama!

Dude! I had no idea this was gonna be so great slingboy.gif
#6 of 6 Old 04-18-2011, 11:06 AM

I also used Dinah at the Lover's Lane Birth Center and she took my insurance for everything except for the cost of the Birthing Center - Which BCBS didn't cover. That is what Dinah explained to me when my son was born in 2008 -

And yes Dinah is wonderful - :)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page