Looking for Fort Worth homeschooler extracurricular stuff - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-11-2011, 03:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Right now my kids are in public school, but I'm probably going to start homeschooling next year. They'll be in 6th & 7th grades and I'm trying to find some extracurriculars to replace what we'll lose by leaving public school. Specifically band and sports. My son plays the flute and my daughter is supposed to start percussion. Since my son will be in 7th grade, our local youth association no longer offers sports for his age, with the exception of baseball so that's covered. He wants to do track and soccer but those are things that are only available through the school for 7th graders (as far as I know).

I would love any direction or help that anyone can offer. Thank you!

Jenni
Momma to my boy (1/99) & girl (7/00), Birthmomma to my Ladybug (8/09), the new baby monkey boy born 6/6/11!
Student nurse, doula, future midwife, and breastfeeding, bedsharing, babywearing, organic gardening, God-loving single momma

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2011, 02:31 PM

Hmmm, I don't know about sports, but we have a wonderful disabled couple come to our home and they teach violin and piano.

Happy Homesteading Homeschooling Homebirthing Beekeeping Dready (& a bit redneck even) Mama to 4 fab kids :  dd (23), dd (13), ds (11), dd (5)

Old 04-22-2011, 12:05 AM

I believe there is a homeschool PE co-op in Arlington.  ASI Gymnastics in Keller has homeschoolers gymnastics on Wednesdays.  My kids love it.  Travis Avenue Baptist Church has a homeschoolers fine arts academy with tons of music and art classes.  We had no luck getting into it but it is possible.  Check out Homeschoolers Excel - great secular homeschooling co-op group with which meets on Thursdays in Carrolton. 

hang.gif  

User Tag List