Austin- need help finding a part-time nanny or nanny share - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 07-15-2011, 11:24 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

hello

i'm wondering if any of you austin dwellers might know of a good way to find a part time nanny.  i've been asking other moms i know for referrals, but haven't had much luck.  i need to find a bigger pool.  is there a good place to post the job??  

i need someone to start at 2 days per week in september with the ability to add a day after about a month.  my DS will be 3 mo by then.  he is my first, so i'm sort of lost. and i'm really nervous about leaving him with anyone, even my mil, so this is really daunting.   any ideas on how to find someone would be much appreciated.  

also pm me if you know of someone who might be looking for a nanny job!

me: C (33), wife to P (35), mom to peanut butter angel1.gif (1/10), porky jog.gif(5/11), and dumplin' baby.gif(10/12).

#2 of 3 Old 07-29-2011, 06:52 AM

Since you want someone part time, you might try the UT job board - hirealonghorn.org - it's only open to registered students, so you will get some level of quality there. We had fantastic luck there. We needed a 20 hr a week nanny back in 2005, but were flexible on which days. We got some very qualified experienced candidates, and the girl we hired ended up staying with us for 2 semesters with DS#2, and then when DS#3 came along, we had her come back. We worked around her schedule, and she scheduled classes to maximize her time with us. She was a vegan, very BF aware, and has since gone on to teach high school science and is considering becoming a doula. We still exchange letters and photos.

When we needed a full time nanny, I hired from Nannies from the Heart. Also very pleased with the candidate we got there. They do all the screening and help set up the payment/tax stuff.

In both cases, the going rate is about $13-$15/hr in Austin for someone with experience, especially an infant.

crossfitmom likes this.

Me: 38 DH: 47
DS#1: 9/01 DS#2: 8/04 : DS#3: 7/06 DD#1: 8/09
#3 of 3 Old 07-29-2011, 02:19 PM - Thread Starter

why didn't i think of the ut job board??  thanks!

me: C (33), wife to P (35), mom to peanut butter angel1.gif (1/10), porky jog.gif(5/11), and dumplin' baby.gif(10/12).

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page