San Antonio Urologist Recommendations? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-29-2011, 08:35 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi Everyone,

My son has a very tight foreskin that balloons every time he pees. This makes it really hard for him to aim, and it also means that he drips for a while after he's done peeing. In addition to these trivial issues, the tip of his foreskin is often red and painful. I took him to a urologist who was recommended by my family doctor, and he was totally dismissive of the idea of steroid cream. He wanted to either circumsize him or cut a long slit down one side of his foreskin. I'm not in love with either of these options, and I don't see the harm in trying the steroid cream - worst case scenario, it doesn't work, right?!

Does anyone have experience with a San Antonio urologist who is open to alternative treatments for tight foreskin?

Bed sharing, baby wearing, breastfeeding mama of Vonn (dob 12/9/07) and Reuben (dob 7/17/09).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2011, 01:54 PM

Although I have no specific recommendation, I urge you to consider a large urology group practice such as Urology San Antonio. Call and ask to see a pediatric urologist. If you don't feel as though you're being heard by one doc, you can easily obtain a second opinion in these practices that include multiple physicians.

Old 09-01-2011, 06:27 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the link and the suggestion. I really appreciate it!

Bed sharing, baby wearing, breastfeeding mama of Vonn (dob 12/9/07) and Reuben (dob 7/17/09).
Old 09-04-2011, 02:47 PM

Once you have some names you can try googling them. The reviews I have found for doctors on our ins. list have turned out to be accurate.

"It should be a rule in all prophylactic work that no harm should ever be unnecessarily inflicted on a healthy person (Sir Graham Wilson, The Hazards of Immunization, 1967)."

User Tag List