Homebirths in Houston - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 10-07-2011, 06:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I would love some midwife recommendations for a home birth in Houston. I delivered my last at Reunion Birth Center, but would love a HB this go-round. Any recommendations??
#2 of 7 Old 10-07-2011, 08:43 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We are currently using Chris Duffy, and we love her! I am only 25 weeks along, but so far she is great. She's located in the Spring/Woodlands area.

#3 of 7 Old 10-07-2011, 10:38 PM

Kellie Moeller is great, http://www.homebirthexperience.com, as is Pat Jones, http://www.houstonnaturalbirth.com. I've also heard great things about Carol Schumacher and Christine Messarra. Good luck on your search!

Kari Niedermaier

www.houstonbirth.com

#4 of 7 Old 10-08-2011, 07:30 AM

We had an amazing home birth in April with Paula Davis! We love her to death! Diana Nash attended the birth with her, and we really like her as well.  They pretty much just hung-out and let DH and I do our own thing and only stepped in when needed.  They are both so loving in their care; my DD runs up to hug Paula every time we see her.  

Me,fly-by-nursing2.gif wife to DH familybed2.gif , SAHM to DD (4/26/09) and DS (4/9/11) h20homebirth.gif cd.gif

#5 of 7 Old 10-24-2011, 12:09 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
What part of town are you in? There are many lovely midwives here. smile.gif You can find most of them on http://www.houstonmidwives.org/ .

My midwife is Sandra McDonald. I've had three HBACs with her in attendance. We love.giflove.giflove.gif Sandra! She does all home visits, so take that into consideration when looking at the map on the Houston Midwives site. Many have offices for you to go to appointments at, but a few (including Sandra) do all of their visits in your own home. THAT was huge for us! thumb.gif

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#6 of 7 Old 10-24-2011, 04:32 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
I'm sorry but we are not hosting recommendations and reviews of practitioners in the forums. Please click on Reviews in the navbar above and leave your recommendations and reviews there. Thanks! smile.gif

#7 of 7 Old 11-06-2011, 01:05 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
duh.gif I need to make sure I've left my local practitioner reviews! Forgot about those! thumb.gif

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page