Any Trans families out there? (x-posted in queer parenting) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 10-14-2011, 10:53 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi there, all the other threads on this seem to be realllllly old and locked so I thought I'd start a new one.

Anyway, any trans families out there? I'm Kate (genetic female queer type) I'm married to Justin/Liz ( MTF ) we have one 8mo DD, Caileigh and are hoping to connect with other families with similar experiances. About us, we've been friends for about 7 years, dating for 3 and married for two years this october, I met my DP as Liz before I ever met Justin and the running gag among our friends is that I only married Justin so that I could cheat on him with Liz. lolROTFLMAO.gif

DP is not on hormones/had any surgeries but definetly passes as female when dressed, and though the idea of starting HRT had come up I think he's worried about how transitioning will affect DD (not so much right now, but later in life). My thought on this is that it's better to keep everything out in the open with her and not hide anything so that there's no "big secret" that she later has to be told or discover by accident - the same way some people have brown hair and some people have red hair or some people like to wear long skirts and some people like to wear pants, it's just one more thing that makes everyone different from each other and not a big deal.... Any other opinions ideas or comments on the subject are most appreciated.

familybed1.gifwife and helpmate todp_malesling.GIF  mommy to Caileigh dust.gif  lactivist.gif  saynovax.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page