Homebirth Midwives in Austin - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 10-29-2011, 08:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm 19 weeks along and am looking for a solid recommendation for a midwife who attends homebirths in Austin. I live in south Austin, and I've been driving all the way up to OBGYN-North because it was the only Ob office in all of Austin that I was comfortable with. I've finally convinced my hubby to look into homebirth, and I think that talking with a midwife can seal the deal. We would like to visit a few before my next scheduled appointment up north, so we can let them know we are switching if that's what we decide. Can any mamas out there help me? Thanks :)

#2 of 3 Old 10-30-2011, 03:49 PM

You and/ or your husband may want to talk with Merrily Daly, www.onlinemidwife.com.  She delivered my 2 babies, and is an amazing midwife.  She also does pregnancy consulting around the globe via email, skype or phone.  I know she has some clients set-up with regular prenatal care, other clients who just want to ask a midwife a few questions, or are trying to figure out the differences of midwife vs. OB care. 

She is a Registered Nurse (RN) as well as Certified Professional Midwife (CPM), and has over 30 years experience in nursing, hospital and homebirths.  I felt like she handled all my pregnancy questions with a wealth of knowledge, caring, and personalized service, and I don't know what I would have done without her!  She also helps people who are doing a hospital birth, but just want some additional personalized care that OBs don't provide.  I don't normally post on these forums, but felt that I should share my experience with as many expectant mothers as possible.  Please pass the word on about her website!

Aloha!

#3 of 3 Old 11-10-2011, 01:06 PM

I'm looking for HB midwives in South Austin too.  There are so many to choose from! 

The ones I'm going to talk to are:

Illysa Foster

Christy Tashjian

June Lamphier

Debra Day

Julia Bower (though she doesn't do summer due dates)

If anyone has any insight to these ladies, I'd love to hear about them.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page