Texas newbie - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-21-2011, 12:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

It looks as though my family and I will be moving to the DFW area in late Jan/Early Feb and I know nothing about the area.

First I guess ill intro myself. im 27, currently work but hope to SAH with DD who is 16 months. DD and I are vegetarian and plan to go vegan. DH is 28, omni wanting to go vegan. We CD, baby wear, and co-sleep. oh and we're in Memphis currently :)

Any CD stores in the are? Bulk co-ops (Frontier, Azure Standard, etc)?

Is there a local great cloth diaper change event in the spring?

Lots of good midwives/doulas?

farmers markets or natural stores? we only have a whole foods here and 2 small farmers markets.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2011, 09:52 AM

Hi,

I've only lived in the DFW area since the end of June, but it is awesome for resources.  Are you on Facebook?  You can do a search of groups on there.  I belong to the DFW Holistic Families group.  Here is the email to send a request to join as it is a closed group.  [email protected]  I know that there is also a Fort Worth Babywearers group and a cloth diapering group.  There are around 50 of us midwives that cover the whole area and a ton of doulas/childbirth educators.  We have Whole Foods, Sprouts, a lot of farmer's markets, Central Market (which is one of the local grocery stores organic line).  I know that there are some co-ops too.  All that info has been posted at some time or another on the Holistic Families group, so you can do a search there when Leigh Ann adds you.

Comforts of Home Midwifery

Old 12-23-2011, 08:42 PM - Thread Starter

thanks so much! I'll go request to join now :)

User Tag List