Houston homebirth midwife - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 02-26-2012, 07:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm new to Houston and am looking for a homebirth midwife.  Also, I'd love any info re price, if anyone has that :)

I have an initial consult set up with Pat Jones so far.  I'm a little nervous that she is going to be be $$$ and really scare my dh (because of the price).  She says she does all home visits, so I'm afraid that will make her more expensive, plus she is apparently the most experienced midwife in Houston.  Funny thing is that I don't see much said about her online...  Anyway, I'd love to hear opinions re her plus any pricing info :)

I've had all easy vaginal births.  I'm looking for a midwife who will respect my educated choices, which I've had a problem with re Houston hospital cnms. 

Thanks so much :)

#2 of 4 Old 02-26-2012, 08:00 PM

I use Chris Duffy and have been very pleased with her.

Other midwives I would consider include Sandra MacDonald and Jackie Griggs.

#3 of 4 Old 02-26-2012, 08:06 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks Alegna :) 

#4 of 4 Old 02-28-2012, 06:41 AM

Pat is the eldest practicing home birth midwife in this area, she is phenomenal! Because she is so long standing, though, and starting to wind down her practice, she has no need to really market. She also has a great rapport with other midwives in the area and quick on the recommendations if she is not the right price for your budget.

I, too, also have experience with Jackie Griggs, think she's awesome. Kellie Moeller, another good one. Very hands off? Darlene of Bio Births... Houston area has so many wonderful options. :)

Cole Deelah
a mama of 5, wife of one, doula, MW apprentice, and childbirth educator

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page