Homebirth midwife DFW - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-17-2012, 09:47 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Checking into the local midwifes who will do a home birth.

Anyone you recommend or to avoid?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2012, 10:57 PM

I adore Sarah Jones at Gentle Beginnings (Hurst).  This will be my second birth with her. 

treehugger.gifMama to dust.gifEowyn-9/05, angel3.gif Isabeau-born still 1/11, baby.gif Mercury 9/14/12, dp_malesling.GIF  homeschool.gifnovaxnocirc.gif h20homebirth.gif read.gif 4dog2.gif, a *few* cat.gif, 4 chicken3.gif

Old 05-06-2012, 08:58 AM

Christy Martin (and her student Kelli) were at the birth of my second and we're hired them for #3 - they are so warm and calm and I have nothing but good things to say about them.  

Old 06-04-2012, 09:14 AM

I haven't technically birthed with her yet, but so far I am loving Dinah Waranch at Lover's Lane Birth Center. She is so incredibly positive and so willing to accommodate your birthing preferences. I was seeing another DFW midwife who had the bedside manner of a dead fish and couldn't remember anything about me - Dinah is the complete and direct opposite. I know she does homebirths (as mentioned on her site, in the tour, etc) but I am doing a birthing center birth, so my insurance will cover it.

Old 06-05-2012, 11:43 AM

I had Dinah for the birth of my third baby this past December and she was amazing. Went way, way above and beyond what I'd expect of even the best midwife. She was kind and patient with my boisterous older two, and she ordered pizza for me after the birth! Among many other things. I birthed on the floor and moved around quite a bit towards the end and she and her assistant were awesome about keeping up with me and letting me get in whatever position I wanted. I would definitely recommend her. I seriously can't say enough awesome things about the birth center.

Very blessed mama to one bouncin' boy bouncy.gif (12/07) one angel3.gif who didn't get to stay (6/09), one potty learning, mess making divaenergy.gif(4/10), and one cheerful milk monster. aabfwoman.gif (12/11) Happy partner to the love of my lifedp_malesling.GIF.  

Old 06-26-2012, 12:39 PM

Ann Crowell/Gentle Beginnings BC - she's the best!

User Tag List