No Vaccine friendly doc in The Woodlands? (or magnolia, or tomball) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 04-24-2012, 08:43 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I currently ( and have for 6 years) go to Texas Childrens Pedi in the Woodlands and I love our doctor, Dr. Bhakta.  When I first started going there I was vaccinating my first two children.  When I decided to stop, and I didn't vaccinate my last three kids at all, he was okay about it at first, but put up signs all over the office recently that they will not accept any new patients that will not vaccinate, or wish to follow an alternative schedule.  With my last (5th) baby, he kind of started making me feel bad about it and trying to scare me with stories.  I feel like he was okay with it at first, but his views have changed greatly here in the last couple years.  He has always been very thorough, listened well and would even call me personally to check on the kids when theyve been sick.  But lately he must be busier, and seems to barely listen to me, and be in a hurry.  I'd love to find someone who will listen, and is a little more open to my natural way of living.  Not so much medicine and trying to find/solve the problem rather than just treating the symptoms. 

If anyone has a great No Vax friendly Dr. in The Woodlands, or even Magnolia or Tomball, please let me know!

#2 of 3 Old 04-24-2012, 03:13 PM

Hi!  I just met a wonderful MD in Magnolia who is okay with no vax!  He actually is a doctor I send some of my midwifery patients to.  His name is Dr. Paul Dibble.  Here is his website...  http://www.stfhealth.com/ .  He is midwife/home birth, breastfeeding, anti vax, friendly.  Feel free to PM me with any questions! 

Shannon Stellhorn, CPM LM

Shannon, Daughter of the King, Wife to Christopher, Blessed Mom of 3 Boys. Homeschool, SAHM, and midwife. 

#3 of 3 Old 04-25-2012, 09:09 AM - Thread Starter

Great thanks! Do you know if he is affiliated with any hospitals?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page