San Antonio Mamas - No Vax Pedi? McMains? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 07-02-2012, 08:15 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Can anyone recommend a good no-vax pedi in San Antonio? Preferably that takes Medicaid?

My daughter was a patient of Dr. McMains, but a friend told me she is no longer seeing patients unless they follow the vax schedule in full. Is that true? DD hasn't been in for over a year, but she is due for a checkup soon as we have some issues to address. 

Me, 29, Muslim hijab.gif single mama to T age 7 energy.gif We homeschool.gif saynovax.giffambedsingle1.gif and Love it!
#2 of 3 Old 07-11-2012, 06:47 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)

Thought I'd bump your post up. Maybe someone has a recommendation. thumb.gif

#3 of 3 Old 07-20-2012, 07:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Unfortunately, many pedi's in SA are no longer taking patients who do not vax according to the CDC schedule. A good place to start is here: http://www.sanantonionaturalparenting.com/Health_Wellness_Resources.html#pediatricians  McMains is not listed, but I can't remember if it was because she wasn't taking new patients or because she was not ok with alt vax. Also, I was just informed recently that the first practice listed has a sign up in their waiting room now that they will refuse to see patients who do not vax according to CDC.

I would highly recommend seeing a general or family practice doctor. They are usually more open to alternatives. Good luck!

Diane

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page