Beaumont/SE TX : non vax,selective-delayed friendly practioners? willing to drive (TX or LA area) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-17-2012, 12:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Holding out hope that someone on here might be able to help.  We just moved here and im desperate to find a MD or PA that  is non vax/delayed vax friendly.  I have called literally everyone that I can think of in the beaumont/SE tx area.  I've had some luck finding some resources in the houston area (at leat 2 hr drive) and with 2 SN kids among my bunch im not quite sure how do-able that is going to be.  I have the added quirk of them accepting our insurance as well. 

FYI: for anyone reading this post later with a simlar issue.  Beaumont Pediatrics is very NON attachment parenting friendly and they are VERY PRO VACCINE.  we were kicked out on our 1st and only visit, the HUGE poster on their walls about vaccines should have been a hint to me, I mean after all they were basically advertising for the vacc. manuf. duh.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2012, 07:35 AM

I am from Lumberton and asked my sisters who still live there if they knew of anyone...of course they have "never even heard" of someone who wouldn't vaccinate on schedule (ugh).  I told my husband (also from the area) about your post and he just started laughing...unfortunately that little part of the world probably won't have many resources for you - just one of the many reasons why we won't move back.  I hate to say that driving to Houston is probably your best bet if you have already called every ped in the phone book in the whole area just to check.  I guess you never know - in one of the other smaller towns there could be someone who would accommodate you.  If I ever hear of anything I will come back and post! 

Old 04-02-2013, 08:04 PM

I have been searching for the same thing since we will be moving back there this May and I finally came up with a practice (woohoo), Lifecare Family Medicine in Nederland. There is also DO named Dr. Sessions in Kirbyville at Jasper County Medical Center if you are looking for a natural approach to medicine in general.

Old 04-08-2013, 01:07 AM

It would be a drive, but our pediatrician is in Clear Lake and we have a 5yr old who doesn't have any vaccs yet. We plan on doing DTP (for the "T") here in the next couple months before preschool.
We love Dr Kalia and love that she doesn't prescribe things that aren't needed! joy.gif

User Tag List