Homebirth Midwives in Austin, TX - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 09-20-2012, 07:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm more interested in finding someone who is more "hands-off" no vag exams unless something seems really off. Fetal scope instead of doppler preferred, open to working with me and not ordering me around. It would be nice if they were open to the possibility of delivering twins at home too, so mention that if you know. I most likely am having a singleton, but I'm getting some really early symptoms that make me wonder. I also wonder if some of them come to your home for prenatals or if I have to go somewhere else for them? I have never had a midwife, so it's all new to me.

I appreciate any responses. I will go through some of the old threads, but it would be nice to get some more recent recommendations anyway. Please let me know what part of Austin or surrounding area they are located in if you can. I'm in the Northwest.

Happily married Christian SAHM of 2 boys, DD1 uc.jpg, and DD2 July 2013 homebirth.jpg 

homeschool.gif   novaxnocirc.gif cd.gif   winner.jpg                                       

#2 of 3 Old 09-24-2012, 05:58 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)

Bumping this up for attention. Anyone have a recommendation to share?

hh2.gif Head over to the Holiday Helper forum and be a part of this wonderful Mothering tradition! joy.gif

Wondering about Mothering in general? Check out Mothering's User Agreement! smile.gif

#3 of 3 Old 09-29-2012, 01:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Heather Hilton at Central Texas Birth Center. Very hands off. Will work with your preferances. All around great midwife and person. She does homebirths and births at her birth center. http://texasbirthcenter.com/

dayiscoming2006 likes this.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page