Possible move to Amarillo... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-28-2013, 07:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We currently live in Kansas City, MO, but my husband is being offered to help start a company in Amarillo. I have been doing some research (even looking through posts here on MDC) and, to be honest, I'm not finding much. I'm a bit worried I won't be able to find like-minded friends there. I enjoy going to small locally owned restaurants and coffee shops. We are definitely foodies. I need to be able to shop for organic and local food. Love farmer's markets. I enjoy the "artsy, urbany" scene, if that makes sense. I don't have to live in that type of area, but I want to be in close proximity. I also like diversity and a bit of culture. So, basically, I'm wondering if there are any "crunchy" moms in Amarillo? Also, are there any bungalow type homes there that are actually in a safe neighborhood? We have an 8 year old daughter. I would like to find her a good private school to attend.

Would love to hear feedback and anyone's experience of living in Amarillo? Thanks so much!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2013, 07:29 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have lived in Amarillo most of my life. I love it here. I personally think Amarillo has something great to offer just about everyone.
Old 08-22-2013, 12:18 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
We just moved here! I'm finding quite a few like minded people here. There are a few Facebook groups. You can look me up on there if you'd like. Amee James Gieb

Amee + James (1998) =
Amethyst (May 2002)
Asheby "Bear" (November 2006)
Abbott (January 2011)
Atlas (March 2013)
and another A due July 2015!!!!

User Tag List