Looking for a Family Doctor, Pediatrician and/or OBGYN in Oklahoma City who are at least kinda natural :) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-30-2013, 10:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We will be moving to Oklahoma City soon and I wondering if anyone has or knows of a family practitioner or pediatrician who is natural minded or at very least is ok with the parents taking charge of what vaccines their children do or don't get. I'd also like to have a natural minded OBGYN for check-ups and as a back-up if there are complications and a homebirth won't work. If anyone has any reccommendations, even if they aren't all that I could hope for, any Doctors who are at least ok with people like me, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2013, 06:03 PM

I haven't started using her yet, as our new baby isn't due until September, but my friend whose DS is completely unvaccinated takes her son to Dr Julie Morrow 272-7337. She is at St. Anthony which is near downtown OKC. She said when she took him the first time she asked what vaccinations he'd had and she said none (he was maybe around 4 at the time) and she didn't bat and eye and went on from there and has never bothered her about it or tried to guilt trip her, which is a biggie in my book.

Debby, mama to Molly, almost 7! (06/2006) and soon to be mama to Henry, due in September 2013 belly.gif

Old 05-13-2013, 02:19 PM

For my Home birth Midwife I use Susan Smartt Cook. She is new to the area and awesome! OU has Certified Nurse Midwives who I used for my last unmedicated hospital delivery they also do VBACS and well woman checkups, birth control etc... Norman has Community Midwifery that do home births and have a wonderful track record with a DR. backup from Saints. I use Dr. Sabrina Olay in edmond for my Ped. I do selective and delay vac and she doesnt pester me at all. Good Luck!! Welcome to OK!

Old 07-23-2013, 08:44 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)

I'm in the same boat as the OP - have you found anyone you like yet? We have a great family practitioner at home, and I'm nervous that we won't be able to find another practice that makes us feel as comfortable as our current one does.

e

wife of my sun and stars

momma to tiny.human v1.0

tiny.human v2.0 summer 2014

Old 07-23-2013, 10:25 PM - Thread Starter

We just ended up moving last week so I haven't found anyone yet but if I do, I'll let you know. Thanks to those of you who responded. I believe I will try the Dr's mentioned. It is at least somewhere to start. My daughter is almost 2 and has no vaccinations. I have a few selected I want to get her but not all. I want someone who is ok with that. :)

Old 07-24-2013, 09:47 AM

I also have a good friend who is a naturopathic Dr. Her name is Merideth Blaylock. Good luck.

User Tag List